4471Re: [NH] Only one browser window with Notetab?

  • hsavage
    Mar 30, 2004
      starrover1999 wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I have been using Notetab for quite some time now and I really like
      > it, but I was wondering if there's any way to tell the program to use
      > only ONE browser window when writing HTML code? I am using Mozilla to
      > test my HTML, and every time I press F8, Notetab opens a *new* browser
      > window, which is very annoying. Is there any way around this? Can I
      > somehow instruct Notetab to use the window that's already open when I
      > press F8?
      >
      > Your help is much appreciated.
      > Thank you,

      Hey SR,

      I, too, use Mozilla as my primary browser in conjunction with
      'NOTE-TAB', and achieve great results. When I view successive pages
      each opens in it's own tab. I like it that way but I'm sure that is a
      function of the way I have Mozilla's preferences and options set.

      There are 2 ways to set NoteTab's 'View in Browser' option.

      Menu items, View > Options > Internet, and in the Main browser,
      window/slot/line, enter the entire path to your browser, mine, if I were
      using this method would be;

      C:\Mozilla\mozilla.exe -quiet -width 798 -height 598

      But, I use the second method which involves the use of the file
      Browsers.dat file in the NoteTab main folder and I did have to manually
      edit this file. My entry in the aforementioned Main browser line is only;

      moz

      You'll see why after looking at the operative portion of my Browsers.dat
      file which I will paste below.

      [moz]
      Command=c:\mozilla\mozilla.exe -quiet -width 798 -height 598
      UseDDE=0
      Application=c:\mozilla\Mozilla
      DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
      Topic=WWW_OpenURL
      Topic_New=WWW_OpenURL

      The commandline parameters are, -quiet, to disable the Mozilla splash
      screen, the width and height parameters set the pixel size of the
      Mozilla window after it opens.

      If you set you NoteTab options either way and are using a relatively
      late-issue beta of Mozilla, I'm using 1.7b, your problem may disappear.
      If not, you will have to scour thru Mozilla's preferences to try to find
      the correct combination to achieve the result you're wanting.

      Good luck,

      hrs
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic