4450Re: [NH] DOCTYPE and HTMLTidy error

  • sisterscape
    Mar 18, 2004
      --- Mike Hopkins <ironmike@...> wrote:

      Hi Mike . . . thanks for responding.

      > NoteTab 4.95 is great, but what version of <<HTML Tidy>> are
      > you using?
      > Tidy is a seperate program from NoteTab.

      I have been using the original Tidy program with NoteTab on WinME for
      years. After reading your note, I downloaded and tried two other
      versions. They didn't mess with the header but put some unwanted
      comments around the @import style.css. Plus they did really weird
      things with the spacing between <div>s. Seems I can't win.

      > When you click on the Tidy button on the HTML toolbar, do
      > you select the
      > "Use HTML Tidy program (more options) or do you select "Use
      > NoteTab commands (much faster)? The HTML Tidy option uses
      > the external Tidy program and its config file, while the
      > NoteTab option uses Tidy with a set of commands built into
      > NoteTab.

      So how do I get a Tidy button on the toolbar or find those options
      elsewhere? I looked all over but no luck.

      > You can set options in the Tidy.cfg file by editing it
      > manually (in NT, as it is just a text file.) You can also
      > Google and download one of the Tidy GUIs which make setting
      > the options much easier. (ex:TidyGUI or Tidy UI.)

      I'll check out the TidyGUI next. Anyother suggestion?

      > Tidy itself is available from sourceforge.net. Be sure to
      > get the version for your system.
      >
      > Mike Hopkins
      > ironmike/AT\inav.net
      >

      > > I am using NoteTab Light 4.95 - I just upgraded a while
      > ago so I
      > > think it is current. The DOCTYPE glitch also happened
      > with the
      > > previous version. Is there any way I can alter the code
      > to make the
      > > error go away?
      > >
      > > > On an unrelated note: does anybody else has trouble with
      > Notetab
      > > *not*
      > > > showing HTMLTidy's error report... even when you *know*
      > there are
      > > errors
      > > > (because you deliberately inserted them to try and force
      > an error
      > > report)?
      > >
      > > FWIW, when HTMLTidy OKs my code, it always passes the W3C
      > Validator.

      > > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson,
      > Canon or Lexmark
      > > Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to
      > the US & Canada.
      > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/CefplB/TM

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic