4446Re: [NH] DOCTYPE and HTMLTidy error

  • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
    Mar 17, 2004
      On 17/3/2004 18:36, sisterscape invited the wrath of the gods by saying:

      >NoteTab's default DOCTYPE for XHTML 1.0 Transitional is:
      >
      ><?xml version="1.0"?>
      ><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
      >"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
      >
      >Since <?xml version="1.0"?> throws IE into quirks mode, I have
      >eliminated it and all is OK.
      >
      >However, I have been told that the following would be better:
      >
      ><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
      >"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
      >
      >But when I use that xmlns, HTMLTidy throws up this error:
      >
      >line 3 column 1 - Warning: <html> has XML attribute "xml:lang"
      >
      >Anyone have any thoughts on this?

      First of all, of course, the obvious... which version of HTMLTidy are
      you using? I have used a bunch of them over the last couple years, and I
      have seen changes on how it deals with DOCTYPEs and XML tags.

      On an unrelated note: does anybody else has trouble with Notetab *not*
      showing HTMLTidy's error report... even when you *know* there are errors
      (because you deliberately inserted them to try and force an error report)?

      --
      Marcelo de Castro Bastos
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic