4396Re: [NH] Frames- side by side comparison.

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Feb 22, 2004
      Jeffery Scism wrote:

      > The page is an example someone else is doing, not mine, but it can be
      > found here:
      >
      > http://www.googleguy.de/google-yahoo/
      that is really just a very simple javascript Jeff:

      function setFrames() {
      var search = document.form.q.value;
      parent.frames.left.location = 'http://www.google.com/search?q='+search;
      parent.frames.right.location = 'http://search.yahoo.com/search?p='+search;
      }

      function blockEnter(evt) {
      evt = (evt) ? evt : event;
      var charCode = (evt.charCode) ? evt.charCode :
      ((evt.which) ? evt.which : evt.keyCode);
      if (charCode == 13 || charCode == 3) {
      setFrames();
      return false;
      } else {
      return true;
      }
      }

      it isn't actually comparing the pages. Doing an actual comparison would
      be more difficult (ie adding redline etc). Just getting two pages side
      by side is a piece of cake. You just need to modify the top frame to
      add a second form and then put the url of each in. Is that what you
      were wanting? I think I can knock that up a second.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic