4193Re: Re: [NH] Browsers.dat Settings for Mozilla Family

  • Alec Burgess
    Nov 10, 2003
      Ed:

      > ^!url [^%theBrowser%] ^%theFile%
      > What goes in the Brackets? If I am working with MozillaFireBird, does
      > it look like this. ^!url [^%MozillaFireBird%] and what goes in ^%the
      > File% Is this where the file path goes? I am not sure that I asked
      > the questions that Imeant to ask.
      >
      > And what about this? ^!Url [browser] <url> Would this look like this:
      > ^Url [MozillaFireBird] C:\Program
      > Files\MozillaFireBird\MozillaFireBird.exe ??

      if you look in the Help-Clips for command ^!url you'll see that what goes in
      the square brackets is the identification of a browser. It has to match
      whatever the name assigned to it was in the file browsers.dat.

      So in my clip in message 4144 (reposted below) in the wizard:
      ;--long line start
      ^!set %theBrowser%=^?[Browser to
      use==Sleipnir|iRider|iRider_noDDE|SlimBrowser|IE|Opera|MozillaFirebird -brow
      ser|Mozilla|MozillaFirebird|_MyIE2|Lynx]
      ;--long line end

      you are asked to choose what browser you want and that name becomes the
      contents of the variable ^%theBrowser%. So the location of (in your case)
      the executable for MozillaFirebird gets taken from that file. Each of the
      choices offered by the wizard has to match one of the entries in
      browsers.dat (I'm including the contents of *my* browsers.dat below the sig
      line).

      In the help where it says <url> the angle-brackets are *NOT* to be included
      unlike the square-brackets surrounding browser. (It took me a couple of
      re-reads too, to make sure I was understanding the way Eric intended it to
      be used.

      So (again) in my clip the wizard:
      ^!set %currFile%=^**
      ^!set %theFile%=^?[File to open==^%currFile%]

      defaults the variable ^%theFile% to ^** which is the "name" of the current
      file being edited in Notetab, and normally the one that you want to launch.
      You could override it by pasting a normal URL or the file spec on another
      HTML file on your disk or one open in your Notetab (obtain name by
      right-click <copy name> on tab)

      As I mentioned before any entry in browsers.dat that has UseDDE=0 is
      *exactly* the same as not having that parameter or anything below it present
      at all.

      Sorry for the length of this for those who could care less - hope this makes
      sense Ed :-)

      Regards ... Alec
      --
      == clip reposted ===
      H="Choose Browser"
      ;
      ;--long line start
      ^!set %theBrowser%=^?[Browser to
      use==Sleipnir|iRider|iRider_noDDE|SlimBrowser|IE|Opera|MozillaFirebird -brow
      ser|Mozilla|MozillaFirebird|_MyIE2|Lynx]
      ;--long line end
      ^!ifdiff ^$StrIndex(^%theFile%;2)$ : OpenBrowser
      ^!set %theFile%=file:///^%theFile%
      ^!set %theFile%=^$StrReplace("\";"/";^%theFile%;False;False)$
      :OpenBrowser
      ^!url [^%theBrowser%] ^%theFile%
      ;--end clip

      == end clip ===

      === my browsers.dat === (these names all match entries in the clipwizard)
      ===
      [ie]
      Command=iexplore.exe -nohome
      UseDDE=1
      Application=IExplore
      DdeCommand=
      DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
      Topic=WWW_OpenURL
      Application_New=
      DdeExec_New=
      Topic_New=

      [Sleipnir]
      Command="C:\Program Files\AmbPF-notins\Sleipnir\Sleipnir.exe"
      UseDDE=0
      Application=IExplore
      DdeCommand=
      DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
      Topic=WWW_OpenURL
      Application_New=
      DdeExec_New=
      Topic_New=

      [Opera7]
      ;Add full path to Opera.exe file name below if you have several versions of
      the browser
      Command=Opera.exe
      UseDDE=1
      Application=Opera
      DdeCommand=Opera.exe /nowin /e

      [iRider]
      Command="C:\Program Files\AmbPF\iRider\iRider.exe"
      UseDDE=1
      Application=IExplore
      DdeCommand=
      DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
      Topic=WWW_OpenURL
      Application_New=
      DdeExec_New=
      Topic_New=

      [iRider_noDDE]
      Command="C:\Program Files\AmbPF\iRider\iRider.exe"
      UseDDE=0
      Application=IExplore
      DdeCommand=
      DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
      Topic=WWW_OpenURL
      Application_New=
      DdeExec_New=
      Topic_New=

      [SlimBrowser]
      Command="C:\Program Files\AmbPF\SlimBrowser\sbrowser.exe"
      UseDDE=1
      Application=IExplore
      DdeCommand=
      DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
      Topic=WWW_OpenURL
      Application_New=
      DdeExec_New=
      Topic_New=

      [MozillaFirebird -browser]
      Command="C:\Program
      Files\AmbPF-notins\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird.exe" -bro
      wser

      [MozillaFirebird]
      Command="C:\Program
      Files\AmbPF-notins\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird.exe"

      [MyIE2]
      Command="C:\Program Files\AmbPF\MYIE2\MyIE.exe"
      UseDDE=1
      Application=IExplore
      DdeCommand=
      DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
      Topic=WWW_OpenURL
      Application_New=
      DdeExec_New=
      Topic_New=

      [Lynx]
      Command="C:\Program Files\AmbPF-notins\Lynx\lynx.exe"

      [Mozilla]
      Command="C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\mozilla.exe"