3289Re: [NH] RE: html in browser

  • Neil Felton
    Nov 9, 2002
      Joe, if your htm file is in the same directory as the image you do not need to
      specify the path for the image, eg, (img src="image.gif" width="" height=""
      alt=""). If the image is in another directory you must give the path to that
      directory relative to the directory where your html file is, eg, (img
      src="images/image.gif............"). I'm using () where it would be <> for
      genuine tags. This is for the case of image in directory "images" off the
      directory where your html file is.
      If you want to go up a level of directories from where your html file is you
      need to show the path (img src="../images/image.gif). Two dots before the slash.
      That would be if the image is in a directory "images" off the directory above
      where the html page is.
      Hope that helps
      Neil