2974Making a "Box" Using a Style Sheet (CSS)

    Jul 30, 2002
      Hi All,

      I need to make some boxes around some text and want it to always
      fit correctly for a lack of better terms. The boxes are used for
      links with names, always in the same place, but the link
      descriptions will change size. I want it to do like <td> and
      have a few pixels spacing between the text and border. This is
      what I have, but it is not what I want. I understand why it is
      doing what it is as far as the box size goes. (I think I will
      be all set after this - I hope.)

      A small part of my funnies.css:

      p.r
      {
      font-size: 100%;
      text-align: center;
      /*width: 100%;*/
      border-style: solid;
      border-width: 1px;
      border-color: #00CCFF;
      background-color: #FFCCCC;
      margin-left: 60%;
      margin-right: 20px;
      }

      Oh, also, I would like to have a vertical line the same size as
      the border in between the links. Do I use a 1x1 image and is
      there a way to repeat it inside the box, or what? :)

      Would it be best to use .r and then <span class="r">, <div>, or
      something else than the way I have it now? (Geesh, thank God for
      RegExp, else I would have quit this a long time ago. ;)

      Say, what does "float" mean?

      I do not use any headers and footers in the .css file, correct,
      or can it be used, is it acceptable both ways? CSE Validator 5.00
      thinks </body> is CSS code, or it did the way I had it.

      Thanks again guys and gals!

      The Subject: "... Using a Style Sheet (CSS)" is for archive purposes
      to help us that need it to find old posts.

      http://www.notetab.net

      The NoteTab and Html List...