2972Re: Table Align Using a Style Sheet (CSS)

  • john041650
    Jul 30, 2002
      Hi Jody,

      Even though I use CSS a lot, I still use some of the html attributes.. Such as the <b>BOLD</b> tags to emphasize certain text within a paragraph that is otherwise formatted with CSS. I also still use the old align="right" (or center) attribute to align my tables.

      I've found that trying to right align tables with CSS can be a bit of an adventure.. So for now anyway, I'm staying with the html table align attributes to align my tables.. About everything else I align with CSS though..

      By the way, your sample CSS to align a table isn't valid code. The align property for tables is not supported by CSS2.

      John :)

      --- In ntb-html@y..., Jody <av1611@e...> wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > Thanks for the posts about the search engines and frames.
      >
      > I'm trying to align a table using a style sheet. I can use the
      > align="right" in the <table> tag itself, but do not know the
      > correct syntax for CSS if there is support for it. TIA
      >
      > table
      > {
      > align: right;
      > }