2741Re: Newbie javascript question was Re: [NH] JavaScript Boilerplate ... with passed parameters

  • Ian Rastall
    Jun 8, 2002
      On Fri, 7 Jun 2002 19:36:32 +0200, you wrote:

      >I also want to discover the joys of Javascript and i
      >wonder if there are clips out there or a very simple tutorial that can
      >help a novise into the world of Javascript.

      This looks like a good site:

      http://www.pageresource.com/jscript/index.html

      The guy who does the site, John Pollock, wrote a good book, which I
      own, called JavaScript: A Beginner's Guide. It's very good at giving
      you all the basics.

      Now that I'm a little more advanced, I'm reading a book published by
      O'Reilly, called JavaScript: The Definitive Guide, written by David
      Flanagan (Fourth Edition). That's the book you really need, but it's
      pretty hardcore stuff. Pollock's book is great for starting out, and I
      imagine his website is much the same.

      Ian
      --
      That's just my Buzzian theory. (Buzz Ruppelt)

      http://www.aspipes.org/
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic