2710RE: [NH] Special Characters: Sanskrit!

  • Albert (athiel)
    Jun 1, 2002
      Christine,

      I suspect that the reason is that you are using the Western collation in
      the browser so that regular English text comes out normally but that
      does not let the Sanskrit or Pali characters appear the way they should.

      You could try using CSS and create Divisions or Spans in which you use
      the Sanskrit and define that Span or Div as using whatever the ISO
      number is for the font you are using and set the Div and or spans for
      the English to ISO Western European. I am not sure that it will work but
      with CSS so much can be done that it is worth a try I think.

      Good books on CSS can be found at Barnes or Borders, or some other large
      store. I use Core CSS2.

      The alternative is to make your characters gifs or bmp's or images and
      then just place them on the page as img's

      FWIW

      Albert