2582Non active popup window always on top

  • egroupgfrank
    Apr 1, 2002
      I would like to find out if there is a way I can have an html link
      pop up a new window which will always display on top of all other
      browser windows, yet allow windows behind it to be active.

      (in other words... I would like to pop up a small "help tutorial" in
      a window that will stay on top while a user follows step by step...
      but allow them to use the website behind the floating tutorial window)

      I can't use the body command: onBlur="self.focus()" because that
      will not allow me to use any window behind my popup. I would have to
      close the pop up to do the step in the tutorial.. and then would have
      to re-open the tutorial to see it again.

      Any ideas? is there a script that might allow a non-active window to
      stay on top?

      Thanks!

      GLenn Frank
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic