2185Re: Three monitors (was Re: [NH] multiple heads and NoteTab)

  • Ron Woodall
    Nov 9, 2001
      Hi Eric:

      Recently, we discussed this problem on the newgroup. I have an
      update to the problem.

      When I followed your instructions and sent you the *.ini file,
      somehow it caused the program to move over to monitor #3 where I wanted it.
      However, now, when I have multiple files open for editing, I cannot reorder
      the tabs. I have a specific order that I organize the editor in to work on
      the files and relate them to specific images. This is not possible at the
      moment.

      Next, is it possible to put together a quick perl script that will
      remove, modify and replace _one_ line? I do a lot of little editing bits at
      a time and it is handy to have a keyboard macro/script that will do this.
      Since I'm learning perl and working with it periodically, it would be handy
      to have this capability.

      Thanks for all your help.

      Talk to you soon.

      Ron Woodall

      At 10:32 PM 11/6/01 +0100, you wrote:
      >Hello Ron,
      >
      > > I'm working on a triple-head system (3 monitors) and I'm having a
      > > problem
      > >with NoteTab. Typically, I set NoteTab on the middle of the three monitors.
      > >When I start NoteTab it always starts on the left monitor when I want it to
      > >start on the middle one. I always have to move it over. Since startup for
      > >me is a procedure of starting 6+ programs, this additional step adds to
      > >startup time. Is Is there a solution to this?
      >
      >Could you quit NoteTab from your middle monitor and send me a copy of the
      >resulting .ini file at <bugs@...>? Hopefully I can find a clue as to
      >why this is happening. Thanks.
      >

      >Regards,
      >Eric G.V. Fookes
      >Author of NoteTab, Mailbag Assistant, and Album Express
      >http://www.fookes.com/ and http://www.notetab.com/

      Ron Woodall
      nor@...

      The Compendium of HTML Elements