2165Re: [NH] change 2 of 3 frames

  • Ron Woodall
    Nov 6, 2001
      Hi Al:

      Thanks for the note.

      At 04:28 PM 11/5/01 -0500, you wrote:
      >Hi Ron,
      >
      >I may be wrong, I'm still learning this html thing, but the page you refer
      >to seems to be about changing the frames, not the content of the frames. I
      >want to change the files displayed in 2 different frames with one click on
      >a link in a 3rd frame. I don't know if this is possible with html, I've
      >since found a way of doing it with javascript but would prefer to not use
      >javascript if possible.

      Ok, not a problem. The frames structures merely form a place for
      pages to be displayed. You still have to create the pages to be delivered
      by the frames. When you change two frames, you also change the pages that
      display in them.

      I'm trying to be succinct. Is this helping? I'm revisiting my
      frames pages to see how this can be clarified.

      >Hope this makes sense,

      It always makes sense. I just have to figure out what you're
      seeing and provide some re-direction. However, when something isn't clear
      to you, it also isn't to someone else so I've got to examine it from your
      point of view.

      Thanks for pointing out the deficiency. Let me know how this helps.

      Ron Woodall

      Ron Woodall
      nor@...

      The Compendium of HTML Elements