2160Re: [NH] change 2 of 3 frames

  • Lotta
    Nov 6, 2001
      Hi Al,

      (Don, your link didn't work)

      >I may be wrong, I'm still learning this html thing, but the page you refer
      >to seems to be about changing the frames, not the content of the frames. I
      >want to change the files displayed in 2 different frames with one click on
      >a link in a 3rd frame. I don't know if this is possible with html, I've
      >since found a way of doing it with javascript but would prefer to not use
      >javascript if possible.

      You can't open two pages with the same link using only HTML, fames or no
      frames.

      Since you use frames you have two options here. Either let the link load a
      new frameset with the pages you want specified or use JavaScript.

      The method with a new frameset isn't stupid as it may first seem. You keep
      the advantages of frames and avoid of at least some of the disadvantages.
      If you don't want to do that you have to use JavaScript.

      http://www.htmlhelp.com/faq/html/frames.html#frame-update2
      http://www.htmlhelp.com/faq/html/frames.htm