162[NH] Re: Opening ASP Files

  • Tom Thomas
    Aug 16, 1999
      At 09:06 PM 8/15/99 -0500, you wrote:
      >Hi Tom,
      >> I use Notetab to make up all my asp and CF pages and test them
      >> out on my machine here first, then upload them to the website
      >> via FTP.
      >So, will the Clip I sent work for you?
      >Happy HTMLin'!

      Actually I don't use clips all that much. What I like about Notetab is it's
      ability to have several files open at the same time and switch between any
      of them. This afternoon I made 25 web pages. Once I have a template
      developed it's just a matter of copy/paste. With asp and cf you can make
      include files, files that are common to each page.

      For instance: <!-- #include file="header.asp" -->

      The header file has 53 lines of code. If I ever want to change how my
      headers look, all I have to do change the header file and every page is
      automatically updated. Same thing with a footer file.

      The body of the page is mostly inserting <P> in front of each paragraph.
      Again I find that copy/paste using ctrl-V and the arrow down key is a whole
      lot faster.

      Thinking back on what I did this afternoon there is one clip that I did use
      quite a bit. That was one where insert a web address and the HREF and stuff
      is done out.

      Tom Thomas
      Brite-Way Publishing
      Stationary, envelopes, business cards. Order online at:
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic