147[NH] Re: Opening ASP Files

  • Lawrence M Hamilton, Jr.
    Aug 15, 1999
      On Sun, 15 Aug 1999 11:04:58 -0400 "Michael Gerholdt"
      <gerholdt@...> writes:
      > My full expectation is that this will indeed not work; at best,
      > perhaps
      > the asp file might be displayed as text.
      >
      > ASP requires the presence of a server which supports ASP to process
      > the
      > script. Browsers cannot do this on their own. ASP is server-side
      > scripting, hence the name Active Server.
      >
      > Unless I'm missing something here . . . <?>

      I have not gotten into ASP yet, but would the MS Personal Web Server
      (comes with MS-Frontpage, and can also be downloaded for free) or
      something similar allow at least testing of the ASP stuff before posting
      it?

      Larry Hamilton, Jr. lmhamilton@...
      http://www.HamiltonGenSociety.org/
      My Web Site: http://members.tripod.com/notlimaH/