1363Re: New CSS libraries (was RE: [NH] .css, text-align: center;)

  • Stephen Riddle
    Nov 27, 2000
      Hi Greg,Grant, et cetera,
      I had not even thought of working with the existing "New Web Page" stuff.

      Greg Chapman wrote:

      > I'm no clip writer, so I'm not sure I can help with the real graft, but what I
      > had in mind should be fairly simple (Famous Last Words! :-)

      AMEN!

      > I guess the first thing to decide is on a couple of sample style sheets to
      > supply with NoteTab and then ensure that all existing "New Web Page"
      > clips/wizards include the code to add a <LINK rel="stylesheet"
      > href="name-me.css" type="text/css"> line in the code.
      >
      > The obvious sheet candidates seem to me to be duplicates of those supplied with
      > TopStyle and the one to be found on the W3C site off:
      > http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2 (I was e-mailed a copy and think it came from
      > http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-CSS2-19980512/sample.html but I could be wrong).

      Grant is right, there is already good stuff on CSS in the current NoteTab site. I
      have not checked his color picker out recently and am getting it confused in my mind
      with another one. Also NoteTab using Ctrl + F5 has a good color picker built in
      which I did not even know about til recently.
      The most important thing I think would be that the library be able to produce all
      the style sheet (external, in head, and within an HTML element) rules that conform
      to either CSS or CSS2 standards. It would have to be pretty exhaustively complete.
      It being easy to use would be great. I have a good clip library on my computer
      written by Stephen W. Cote. It is possible, that it is all that is necessary, or he
      would not mind friendly additions to it. I also have a library called mystylesheet
      which is pretty complete, but I don't think it produces good rules. I can't
      remember if I wrote it or not. It kind of looks like my style of coding, but if I
      wrote it it is more than a year old.
      Any way, I want to finish the embedding monster before getting any more irons in the
      fire, and the CSS library might well have been wrapped up by a real clip whiz by
      then.
      Take Care,
      Stephen
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic