1333RE: New CSS libraries (was RE: [NH] .css, text-align: center;)

  • Greg Chapman
    Nov 24, 2000
      Hi Stephen,

      > I'm interested, but seem slow at the moment. I've been taking about
      > a month or two
      > just to write a good, easy to use, all-browser, any object, embedding clip.
      > After I finish this, if no one else has taken up the job, I will.

      I'm no clip writer, so I'm not sure I can help with the real graft, but what I
      had in mind should be fairly simple (Famous Last Words! :-)

      I guess the first thing to decide is on a couple of sample style sheets to
      supply with NoteTab and then ensure that all existing "New Web Page"
      clips/wizards include the code to add a <LINK rel="stylesheet"
      href="name-me.css" type="text/css"> line in the code.

      The obvious sheet candidates seem to me to be duplicates of those supplied with
      TopStyle and the one to be found on the W3C site off:
      http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2 (I was e-mailed a copy and think it came from
      http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-CSS2-19980512/sample.html but I could be wrong).

      After that it should be a simple matter of copying code in the existing HTML
      (renamed HTML32) library into a new one called HTML4 and making the necessary
      deletions to any clips that insert deprecated attributes.

      I bet I haven't thought this through properly, and there's a lot more to it than
      that! :-)

      Greg
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic