Re: [Clip] how do I get current path of focused notetab document?

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 10, 2003
      Thanks Jody and others for the excellent info. I cannot find this anywhere
      in the clip help files. You might consider adding it for future releases as
      it is helpful information. I have looked all over the place (search won't
      search for these things).

      --

      Don Passenger

      If you need an html fix visit
      http://www.htmlfixit.com

      to fix your problems
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 10, 2003
        Hi Don,

        >Thanks Jody and others for the excellent info. I cannot find this anywhere
        >in the clip help files. You might consider adding it for future releases as
        >it is helpful information.

        It is in Help on Clipbook Programming in: Clip Basics. Eric did a good job
        explaining "^*" "^**" "^#" "^##". However, he did not go into how to use the
        code in functions. (You know how the obvious is not obvious to what you use all
        the time. :) I'll post over on the Next-Release list, because we cannot search
        for the code itself. That might be the .chm itself though.

        It is also in ClipClass.otl Lesson One. :)
        [Course Outline]
        Last updated on 04-20-2002, 01:51pm, jody

        The latest can be downloaded from:
        http://www.notetab.net/zip/clipclass.zip

        >Don Passenger
        >
        >If you need an html fix visit
        >http://www.htmlfixit.com

        c ya,
        jody

        I can only please one person a day.
        Today is obviously not your day.
        Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8D
        http://www.clean-funnies.com
      • loro
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 10, 2003
          At 21:34 2003.03.10, Don Passenger wrote:
          >I cannot find this anywhere in the clip help files.

          That's because it isn't there. It's in the not-about-clips help file.

          Lotta
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 10, 2003
            Hi Lotta, Don, Others,

            >>I cannot find this anywhere in the clip help files.
            >
            >That's because it isn't there. It's in the not-about-clips help file.

            I forget how it is actually wired, but I think all the Clip stuff
            is now in ClipCode.chm. All the links/bookmarks you see for Clip
            stuff actually open the ClipCode file. Except, for wouldn't you
            know it - Clip Basics. You just had to make me go figure, eh? :-)

            If you type in Clip Basics in the Search tab two items are
            listed. Both of them have the link to Clip Basics, but it is
            where you say it is; in NoteTab's regular Help file.

            There's a line that mentions ^** ^## in Parsing and evaluation
            sequence FWIW, but one would not readily figure out what
            functions use it or after ^! like: ^!"^##" nite and thanks!

            http://www.notetab.net

          • Sheri
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 11, 2003
              At 12:46 AM 3/11/03 -0600, Jody wrote:

              >I forget how it is actually wired, but I think all the Clip stuff
              >is now in ClipCode.chm. All the links/bookmarks you see for Clip
              >stuff actually open the ClipCode file. Except, for wouldn't you
              >know it - Clip Basics. You just had to make me go figure, eh? :-)

              Hey folks,

              Try my version of the Clip Help in our Yahoo files area:

              Also my Clipcode Syntax clip writing aid:

              For the clipcode syntax, type "doc" without the quotes (in your document or clip edit)
              and run the syntax clip (from the clipbar or quick list Clip Assistant). All the document
              variable doc codes are presented as well as every command and function that includes the
              phrase "doc".

              Enjoy,