Re: [Clip] Clip Agony

  • Michael Gerholdt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2003

      > ^!Keyboard ShiftDown Right Right Right ShiftUp Ctrl+C
      > (This hi-lites the text that I want to check)

      Play around with the following.
      Hint: I've always found it helpful to comment out most or all of a clip, and
      enable it line at a time to see what it does in the doc when debugging.

      The following is untested and also there may well be better ways to do this;
      others use the clip lingo more than I and it's rather amazing to see what
      they can do with it!

      ^!SetCursor 1:1
      ; puts cursor at beginning of doc

      ^!GoTo start
      ;clip resumes after the start label

      :again
      ^!SetCursor ^$GetRow$:1
      ^!Jump +1
      ;moves to next line

      :start
      ^!If ^$GetRow$=^$GetNumRows$ exit
      ;if you're at end of doc, quit
      ;"exit" is a pre-defined label so you don't
      ;have to declare it

      ^!SelectTo ^$GetRow$:3
      ;same as your first line but better

      ^!Set %a%=^$GetSelection$