Dialer Clip

  • John <johnfarrow@redrivernet.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2003
      For about 2 weeks I have been tryingto get the "dial" clip of PIM1
      to work with W2K.

      I would like to thank Glenn McCauley (the author of the clip for this
      assistance)

      John,
      sorry for the delay getting back. You are correct, the dialer
      routine was written for win98. The dialer in Win2k and XP is messy
      and not nearly as swift but it can be adapted. [This is what took
      the time. I had to sit down and find out what win2k did.]
      You will have to go to the drive which has Windows and do a search
      for "dialer.exe". Copy down the path and name. Look in my clip for
      the dial routine. [zdial?] Use ctrl+shift+e to edit it. Look for
      the section that actually calls up the dialer. [In the version I
      have at the moment it is called :MAKECALL [see below] Copy the lines
      below and replace what is in the original right down to the end of
      the phone clip. It worked for me.
      Let me know if you have problems.
      You might also like to know that I have completely rewritten this
      several times - using completely different structures. I just
      haven't gotten around to posting any to the site.
      One keeps all the data in a free, fast, dialer program called
      pab.exe. Notetab goes there to get addresses, dial, send faxes etc
      You can still use the correspondence part of notetab, the calendar,
      and create emails in it. If you have any interest in that, let me
      know.
      Good luck
      Glenn

      :MAKECALL
      ; ------------calls MSdialer.
      ^!Setclipboard ^%p_phone%
      ; find the dialer program on your machine and enter in next line
      ^!E:\Program Files\Windows NT\dialer.exe
      ^!SetHintInfo Waiting for Phone Dialer
      ^!FocusApp "Phone Dialer"
      ^!IfDiff "Phone Dialer" "^$GetAppTitle$" Skip_-2
      ^!delay 25
      ;---------------- paste number and set name called
      ^!KeyboardDelay 500
      ^!Keyboard alt+p Enter
      ^!keyboard Ctrl+v
      ^!Showclipbook False
      :end

      -- mccauley@... on 03/01/2003

      I edited the clip as suggested by Mr McCauley and it works
      perfectly. Nice peice of work Glenn.
      ---
      Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.