Re: [Clip] Is it possible to email from a text file with a clip ...

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
      hsavage wrote:

      >Don Passenger wrote:
      >

      >>Okay, I changed:
      >>^!FocusApp Outlook Express
      >>^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express - Main Identity"
      >>and it worked to shift focus now.
      >>

      >>--
      >>Don Passenger
      >>

      >Don,
      >
      >Try
      >
      >^!FocusApp *Outlook Express*
      >
      >hrs

      Don,

      I sent before I saw the next message, try it without the quotes and a
      single asterisk on the left.

      ^!FocusApp *Outlook Express

      hrs
    • Alan C.
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
        Hi Don,

        >I get mail in like this, several in one text file:
        >
        >Name: Dave
        >Email: dave@...
        >Subject: Test message
        >Comment: another test message
        <snipped>
        >I want to be able to highlight a message and be emailing that person in my
        >email client or otherwise. Can it be done?

        'nuther approach that I formerly tinkered with

        If, in Ntab you have a doc of text where the very top line is like next:

        dave@...;Re: Test message;+

        NoteTab doc text is from here on in the doc

        H="send_email"
        ; strips top semi colon delimited line into variable
        ; then sends Ntab doc to email client, all is ready 2 send
        ^!Jump 1
        ^!Select EOL
        ^!Set %delim_items%=^$GetSelection$
        ^!Select LINE
        ^!Replace "^$GetSelection$" >> "" ISH
        ^!Email ^%delim_items%
        ; --end of clip--

        Or, I've a clip-Perl combo that, using Perl, sends the email directly from NoteTab (no need for any email client). It works, but maybe currently (when use it) need more manual editing than what's desirable. As soon as I learn more about Perl's shift function, I'm going to directly pass more parameters into Perl from NoteTab. If U interested, let me know, I'll post it on the Scripts list.

        --
        Later. Alan.
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
          Hi Don,

          > Jody mentioned something the other day about focus switches
          > being tightened down. Is there a setting somewhere I need to
          > loosen up?

          When dealing with other programs (and in some cases in NoteTab)
          you need to know when a window gets focus before you pass keyboard
          shortcuts on to it or whatever you might be doing.

          You can use a testing statement while looping in those cases.

          ^!..\..\Eudora.exe
          ^!Delay 1
          ^!IfAppOpen Eudora* Next else Skip_-1

          Here is an example of using NetCaptor logging in using another method:

          ^!Url http://pro.netcaptor.com/pro/
          ^!Delay 2
          ^!IfSame "^$GetAppTitle$" "NetCaptor User Center - NetCaptor" Next else Skip_-1

          Sometimes, Titlebars want to be picky about being read it seems.
          Perhaps there are some hidden characters and yet another method
          can be used. Actually, the method is the same, just "tighter"
          code.

          ^!Url http://pro.netcaptor.com/pro/
          ^!Delay 2
          ^!IfSame "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;14)$ "NetCaptor User" Next else Skip_-1

          In the case above you are restricting the text checked to
          eliminate any unseen characters if they are there; perhaps a
          space. I don't know if it can happen; I only know that I've had
          to do that in a dozen or so windows in the past. Likewise, you
          can use StrCopyRight or others to check.

          http://www.notetab.net