Re: [Clip] Is it possible to email from a text file with a clip ...

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
      oddly enough:
      ^!FocusApp "*Outlook Express - Main Identity"
      seems to work
      but
      ^!FocusApp "*Outlook Express*"
      Doesn't

      Anyway, thanks to Larry and Manuel for jump starting a couple of clips I
      like but had not been able to use since I upgraded machines/software.

      --
      Don Passenger

      Co-conspirator @ http://www.htmlfixit.com

      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
        "Don Passenger" <dpasseng@...>

        >^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express - Main Identity"
        >and it worked to shift focus now.

        Well, change line below to
        ; Go To Outlook Express that it's open
        ; in one folder with identities
        ^!FocusApp "* - Outlook Express -*"

        and it work in all windows with different boxes and identities in
        title bar in Outlook Express

        DOM
        Is there a way to get a list of the "focus" names so you get them
        exact?

        MANUEL
        Well about titlebar here it's another idea and Good Night ;)

        --- STAR OF THE CLIP ------
        H="TitleAplication"
        ;manuel123@... 01/03/03

        ; Minimize Notetab
        ^!MinimizeApp

        ; title will be the tittle bar
        ^!Set %title%=^$GetAppTitle$

        ; copy to memory tittle
        ^!SetClipboard=^%title%

        ^!ActivateApp

        ; see the tittle bar of the other aplication
        ^!Info ^%title% ^Pis in memory

        -- END OF THE CLIP ---
        ---
        Cursos para ciegos
        Windows,Iexplorer,Outlook,Html,Word,Excel,Access
        ALTAS/BAJAS avisarte cursos en http://www.solotxt.com
      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
          Here is a revised which will:
          1. start outlook express if necessary (obviously change path as required for
          your system),
          2. allows a multiple line "comment" as the reality will be multiline
          comments even though my example was one line,
          3. added a tab because I have bcc field open in my outlook express.

          Thanks for the help.

          ;manuel123@... 1/3/03
          ;hacked by don 1/3/03 dpasseng@...

          ;1. Outlook to be open // no longer required
          ;2. Select the text of message with comment
          ;3. Clip create a new message

          ; Text = text of the message select
          ^!Set %comment%=^$StrDelete("^$GetSelection$";1;8)$

          ; add jump start of select to make
          ; work if selected more than one line of message comment
          ^!Jump SELECT_START
          ; Line up
          ^!Jump -1

          ; Copy subject text without subject word
          ^!Set %subject%=^$StrDelete("^$Getline$";1;8)$

          ; Up one line
          ^!Jump -1

          ; Select line
          ^!Select Line

          ; Find @
          ; H: Only searches within selection if text is highlighted
          ^!Find @ H

          ; Select email of the line
          ^!Select EMAIL

          ; Set email to email
          ^!Set %email%=^$GetSelection$

          ^!IfAppOpen "*Outlook Express - Main Identity" open
          ^!Shell "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
          ^!Delay 45

          :open
          ^!FocusApp "*Outlook Express - Main Identity"
          ^!Delay 30

          ; Create a new message
          ^!Keyboard Ctrl+N

          ; Write field to and subject
          ^!Keyboard #^%email%# TAB TAB TAB #^%subject%# TAB

          ; Write text in the body of message
          ^!Keyboard #You said:# ENTER ENTER
          ^!Keyboard #^%comment%# ENTER ENTER

          --
          Don Passenger

          Co-conspirator @ http://www.htmlfixit.com

          > >^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express - Main Identity"
          > >and it worked to shift focus now.
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
            Don Passenger wrote:

            >Okay, I changed:
            >^!FocusApp Outlook Express
            >^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express - Main Identity"
            >and it worked to shift focus now.
            >

            >--
            >Don Passenger

            Don,

            Try

            ^!FocusApp *Outlook Express*

            hrs
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
              hsavage wrote:

              >Don Passenger wrote:
              >

              >>Okay, I changed:
              >>^!FocusApp Outlook Express
              >>^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express - Main Identity"
              >>and it worked to shift focus now.
              >>

              >>--
              >>Don Passenger
              >>

              >Don,
              >
              >Try
              >
              >^!FocusApp *Outlook Express*
              >
              >hrs

              Don,

              I sent before I saw the next message, try it without the quotes and a
              single asterisk on the left.

              ^!FocusApp *Outlook Express

              hrs
            • Alan C.
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
                Hi Don,

                >I get mail in like this, several in one text file:
                >
                >Name: Dave
                >Email: dave@...
                >Subject: Test message
                >Comment: another test message
                <snipped>
                >I want to be able to highlight a message and be emailing that person in my
                >email client or otherwise. Can it be done?

                'nuther approach that I formerly tinkered with

                If, in Ntab you have a doc of text where the very top line is like next:

                dave@...;Re: Test message;+

                NoteTab doc text is from here on in the doc

                H="send_email"
                ; strips top semi colon delimited line into variable
                ; then sends Ntab doc to email client, all is ready 2 send
                ^!Jump 1
                ^!Select EOL
                ^!Set %delim_items%=^$GetSelection$
                ^!Select LINE
                ^!Replace "^$GetSelection$" >> "" ISH
                ^!Email ^%delim_items%
                ; --end of clip--

                Or, I've a clip-Perl combo that, using Perl, sends the email directly from NoteTab (no need for any email client). It works, but maybe currently (when use it) need more manual editing than what's desirable. As soon as I learn more about Perl's shift function, I'm going to directly pass more parameters into Perl from NoteTab. If U interested, let me know, I'll post it on the Scripts list.

                --
                Later. Alan.
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
                  Hi Don,

                  > Jody mentioned something the other day about focus switches
                  > being tightened down. Is there a setting somewhere I need to
                  > loosen up?

                  When dealing with other programs (and in some cases in NoteTab)
                  you need to know when a window gets focus before you pass keyboard
                  shortcuts on to it or whatever you might be doing.

                  You can use a testing statement while looping in those cases.

                  ^!..\..\Eudora.exe
                  ^!Delay 1
                  ^!IfAppOpen Eudora* Next else Skip_-1

                  Here is an example of using NetCaptor logging in using another method:

                  ^!Url http://pro.netcaptor.com/pro/
                  ^!Delay 2
                  ^!IfSame "^$GetAppTitle$" "NetCaptor User Center - NetCaptor" Next else Skip_-1

                  Sometimes, Titlebars want to be picky about being read it seems.
                  Perhaps there are some hidden characters and yet another method
                  can be used. Actually, the method is the same, just "tighter"
                  code.

                  ^!Url http://pro.netcaptor.com/pro/
                  ^!Delay 2
                  ^!IfSame "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;14)$ "NetCaptor User" Next else Skip_-1

                  In the case above you are restricting the text checked to
                  eliminate any unseen characters if they are there; perhaps a
                  space. I don't know if it can happen; I only know that I've had
                  to do that in a dozen or so windows in the past. Likewise, you
                  can use StrCopyRight or others to check.

                  http://www.notetab.net