Re: [Clip] Is it possible to email from a text file with a clip ...

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
      Okay, I changed:
      ^!FocusApp Outlook Express
      ^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express - Main Identity"
      and it worked to shift focus now.

      Is there a way to get a list of the "focus" names so you get them exact? I
      guessed this because that was what the task list said (control + alt +
      delete).

      The other problem I had (which is easy to fix) is that I have an extra field
      in my outgoing emails (for bcc) so I was off by one when controlling things
      by:
      ; Write field to and subject
      ^!Keyboard #^%email%# TAB TAB #^%subject%# TAB

      So need to see if there is anyway to confirm what box I am in.

      Anyway a good start on solving the problem Manuel! More than I was
      expecting as I was just getting ready to sit down and solve the problem.
      Next I want to have this work if I have the whole block in the clipboard ...
      always more to play with.

      --
      Don Passenger

      Co-conspirator @ http://www.htmlfixit.com
    • Don Passenger
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
        oddly enough:
        ^!FocusApp "*Outlook Express - Main Identity"
        seems to work
        but
        ^!FocusApp "*Outlook Express*"
        Doesn't

        Anyway, thanks to Larry and Manuel for jump starting a couple of clips I
        like but had not been able to use since I upgraded machines/software.

        --
        Don Passenger

        Co-conspirator @ http://www.htmlfixit.com

        > ^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express - Main Identity"
        > and it worked to shift focus now.
        >
        > Is there a way to get a list of the "focus" names so you get them exact?
        > guessed this because that was what the task list said (control + alt +
        > delete).
      • Manuel123
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
          "Don Passenger" <dpasseng@...>

          >^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express - Main Identity"
          >and it worked to shift focus now.

          Well, change line below to
          ; Go To Outlook Express that it's open
          ; in one folder with identities
          ^!FocusApp "* - Outlook Express -*"

          and it work in all windows with different boxes and identities in
          title bar in Outlook Express

          DOM
          Is there a way to get a list of the "focus" names so you get them
          exact?

          MANUEL
          Well about titlebar here it's another idea and Good Night ;)

          --- STAR OF THE CLIP ------
          H="TitleAplication"
          ;manuel123@... 01/03/03

          ; Minimize Notetab
          ^!MinimizeApp

          ; title will be the tittle bar
          ^!Set %title%=^$GetAppTitle$

          ; copy to memory tittle
          ^!SetClipboard=^%title%

          ^!ActivateApp

          ; see the tittle bar of the other aplication
          ^!Info ^%title% ^Pis in memory

          -- END OF THE CLIP ---
          ---
          Cursos para ciegos
          Windows,Iexplorer,Outlook,Html,Word,Excel,Access
          ALTAS/BAJAS avisarte cursos en http://www.solotxt.com
        • Don Passenger
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
            Here is a revised which will:
            1. start outlook express if necessary (obviously change path as required for
            your system),
            2. allows a multiple line "comment" as the reality will be multiline
            comments even though my example was one line,
            3. added a tab because I have bcc field open in my outlook express.

            Thanks for the help.

            ;manuel123@... 1/3/03
            ;hacked by don 1/3/03 dpasseng@...

            ;1. Outlook to be open // no longer required
            ;2. Select the text of message with comment
            ;3. Clip create a new message

            ; Text = text of the message select
            ^!Set %comment%=^$StrDelete("^$GetSelection$";1;8)$

            ; add jump start of select to make
            ; work if selected more than one line of message comment
            ^!Jump SELECT_START
            ; Line up
            ^!Jump -1

            ; Copy subject text without subject word
            ^!Set %subject%=^$StrDelete("^$Getline$";1;8)$

            ; Up one line
            ^!Jump -1

            ; Select line
            ^!Select Line

            ; Find @
            ; H: Only searches within selection if text is highlighted
            ^!Find @ H

            ; Select email of the line
            ^!Select EMAIL

            ; Set email to email
            ^!Set %email%=^$GetSelection$

            ^!IfAppOpen "*Outlook Express - Main Identity" open
            ^!Shell "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
            ^!Delay 45

            :open
            ^!FocusApp "*Outlook Express - Main Identity"
            ^!Delay 30

            ; Create a new message
            ^!Keyboard Ctrl+N

            ; Write field to and subject
            ^!Keyboard #^%email%# TAB TAB TAB #^%subject%# TAB

            ; Write text in the body of message
            ^!Keyboard #You said:# ENTER ENTER
            ^!Keyboard #^%comment%# ENTER ENTER

            --
            Don Passenger

            Co-conspirator @ http://www.htmlfixit.com

            > >^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express - Main Identity"
            > >and it worked to shift focus now.
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
              Don Passenger wrote:

              >Okay, I changed:
              >^!FocusApp Outlook Express
              >^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express - Main Identity"
              >and it worked to shift focus now.
              >

              >--
              >Don Passenger

              Don,

              Try

              ^!FocusApp *Outlook Express*

              hrs
            • hsavage
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
                hsavage wrote:

                >Don Passenger wrote:
                >

                >>Okay, I changed:
                >>^!FocusApp Outlook Express
                >>^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express - Main Identity"
                >>and it worked to shift focus now.
                >>

                >>--
                >>Don Passenger
                >>

                >Don,
                >
                >Try
                >
                >^!FocusApp *Outlook Express*
                >
                >hrs

                Don,

                I sent before I saw the next message, try it without the quotes and a
                single asterisk on the left.

                ^!FocusApp *Outlook Express

                hrs
              • Alan C.
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
                  Hi Don,

                  >I get mail in like this, several in one text file:
                  >
                  >Name: Dave
                  >Email: dave@...
                  >Subject: Test message
                  >Comment: another test message
                  <snipped>
                  >I want to be able to highlight a message and be emailing that person in my
                  >email client or otherwise. Can it be done?

                  'nuther approach that I formerly tinkered with

                  If, in Ntab you have a doc of text where the very top line is like next:

                  dave@...;Re: Test message;+

                  NoteTab doc text is from here on in the doc

                  H="send_email"
                  ; strips top semi colon delimited line into variable
                  ; then sends Ntab doc to email client, all is ready 2 send
                  ^!Jump 1
                  ^!Select EOL
                  ^!Set %delim_items%=^$GetSelection$
                  ^!Select LINE
                  ^!Replace "^$GetSelection$" >> "" ISH
                  ^!Email ^%delim_items%
                  ; --end of clip--

                  Or, I've a clip-Perl combo that, using Perl, sends the email directly from NoteTab (no need for any email client). It works, but maybe currently (when use it) need more manual editing than what's desirable. As soon as I learn more about Perl's shift function, I'm going to directly pass more parameters into Perl from NoteTab. If U interested, let me know, I'll post it on the Scripts list.

                  --
                  Later. Alan.
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
                    Hi Don,

                    > Jody mentioned something the other day about focus switches
                    > being tightened down. Is there a setting somewhere I need to
                    > loosen up?

                    When dealing with other programs (and in some cases in NoteTab)
                    you need to know when a window gets focus before you pass keyboard
                    shortcuts on to it or whatever you might be doing.

                    You can use a testing statement while looping in those cases.

                    ^!..\..\Eudora.exe
                    ^!Delay 1
                    ^!IfAppOpen Eudora* Next else Skip_-1

                    Here is an example of using NetCaptor logging in using another method:

                    ^!Url http://pro.netcaptor.com/pro/
                    ^!Delay 2
                    ^!IfSame "^$GetAppTitle$" "NetCaptor User Center - NetCaptor" Next else Skip_-1

                    Sometimes, Titlebars want to be picky about being read it seems.
                    Perhaps there are some hidden characters and yet another method
                    can be used. Actually, the method is the same, just "tighter"
                    code.

                    ^!Url http://pro.netcaptor.com/pro/
                    ^!Delay 2
                    ^!IfSame "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;14)$ "NetCaptor User" Next else Skip_-1

                    In the case above you are restricting the text checked to
                    eliminate any unseen characters if they are there; perhaps a
                    space. I don't know if it can happen; I only know that I've had
                    to do that in a dozen or so windows in the past. Likewise, you
                    can use StrCopyRight or others to check.

                    http://www.notetab.net