Is it possible to email from a text file with a clip ...

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
      I get mail in like this, several in one text file:

      Name: Dave
      Email: dave@...
      Subject: Test message
      Comment: another test message

      Name: Jeff
      Email: Jeff@...
      Comment: another test message

      etc.

      I want to be able to highlight a message and be emailing that person in my
      email client or otherwise. Can it be done?

      --
      Don Passenger

      Co-conspirator @ http://www.htmlfixit.com
    • Manuel123
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
        Hi, here it's mi idea. You have to be open Outlook Express

        ---- STAR OF THE CLIP -----
        H="mailFromTxt"
        ;manuel123@... 1/3/03

        ;1. Outlook to be open
        ;2. Select the text of message with comment
        ;3. Clip create a new message

        ; Text = text of the message select
        ^!Set %comment%=^$StrDelete("^$GetSelection$";1;8)$

        ; Line up
        ^!Jump -1

        ; Copy subject text without subject word
        ^!Set %subject%=^$StrDelete("^$Getline$";1;8)$

        ; Up one line
        ^!Jump -1

        ; Select line
        ^!Select Line

        ; Find @
        ; H: Only searches within selection if text is highlighted
        ^!Find @ H

        ; Select email of the line
        ^!Select EMAIL

        ; Set email to email
        ^!Set %email%=^$GetSelection$

        ; Go To Outlook Express that it's open
        ^!FocusApp Outlook Express

        ^!Delay 5

        ; Create a new message
        ^!Keyboard Ctrl+N

        ; Write field to and subject
        ^!Keyboard #^%email%# TAB TAB #^%subject%# TAB

        ; Write text in the body of message
        ^!Keyboard #^%comment%#

        >I want to be able to highlight a message and be emailing that person in my
        >email client or otherwise. Can it be done?

        ---
        Cursos para ciegos
        Windows,Iexplorer,Outlook,Html,Word,Excel,Access
        ALTAS/BAJAS avisarte cursos en http://www.solotxt.com
      • Larry Hamilton
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
          Don,

          In addition to Manuel's idea, there are several clips on the Libraries page
          that work with Outlook Express and several other email clients.

          Larry

          Manuel123 wrote:
          > Hi, here it's mi idea. You have to be open Outlook Express
          >
          > ---- STAR OF THE CLIP -----
          > H="mailFromTxt"
          > ;manuel123@... 1/3/03
        • Don Passenger
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
            Thanks Larry, will dig and see what I can find. I am having a problem with
            Manuel's clip (and have had the same problem with another clip I wrote a
            while ago that I use for something). My clips are not shifting focus to
            another app automatically like they used to. Jody mentioned something the
            other day about focus switches being tightened down. Is there a setting
            somewhere I need to loosen up?

            All help appreciated.

            --
            Don Passenger

            Co-conspirator @ http://www.htmlfixit.com

            > In addition to Manuel's idea, there are several clips on the Libraries
            page
            > that work with Outlook Express and several other email clients.
            >
            > Larry
            >
            > Manuel123 wrote:
            > > Hi, here it's mi idea. You have to be open Outlook Express
            > >
            > > ---- STAR OF THE CLIP -----
            > > H="mailFromTxt"
          • Don Passenger
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
              Okay, I changed:
              ^!FocusApp Outlook Express
              ^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express - Main Identity"
              and it worked to shift focus now.

              Is there a way to get a list of the "focus" names so you get them exact? I
              guessed this because that was what the task list said (control + alt +
              delete).

              The other problem I had (which is easy to fix) is that I have an extra field
              in my outgoing emails (for bcc) so I was off by one when controlling things
              by:
              ; Write field to and subject
              ^!Keyboard #^%email%# TAB TAB #^%subject%# TAB

              So need to see if there is anyway to confirm what box I am in.

              Anyway a good start on solving the problem Manuel! More than I was
              expecting as I was just getting ready to sit down and solve the problem.
              Next I want to have this work if I have the whole block in the clipboard ...
              always more to play with.

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
                oddly enough:
                ^!FocusApp "*Outlook Express - Main Identity"
                seems to work
                but
                ^!FocusApp "*Outlook Express*"
                Doesn't

                Anyway, thanks to Larry and Manuel for jump starting a couple of clips I
                like but had not been able to use since I upgraded machines/software.

                --
                Don Passenger

                Co-conspirator @ http://www.htmlfixit.com

                > ^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express - Main Identity"
                > and it worked to shift focus now.
                >
                > Is there a way to get a list of the "focus" names so you get them exact?
                > guessed this because that was what the task list said (control + alt +
                > delete).
              • Manuel123
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
                  "Don Passenger" <dpasseng@...>

                  >^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express - Main Identity"
                  >and it worked to shift focus now.

                  Well, change line below to
                  ; Go To Outlook Express that it's open
                  ; in one folder with identities
                  ^!FocusApp "* - Outlook Express -*"

                  and it work in all windows with different boxes and identities in
                  title bar in Outlook Express

                  DOM
                  Is there a way to get a list of the "focus" names so you get them
                  exact?

                  MANUEL
                  Well about titlebar here it's another idea and Good Night ;)

                  --- STAR OF THE CLIP ------
                  H="TitleAplication"
                  ;manuel123@... 01/03/03

                  ; Minimize Notetab
                  ^!MinimizeApp

                  ; title will be the tittle bar
                  ^!Set %title%=^$GetAppTitle$

                  ; copy to memory tittle
                  ^!SetClipboard=^%title%

                  ^!ActivateApp

                  ; see the tittle bar of the other aplication
                  ^!Info ^%title% ^Pis in memory

                  -- END OF THE CLIP ---
                  ---
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
                    Here is a revised which will:
                    1. start outlook express if necessary (obviously change path as required for
                    your system),
                    2. allows a multiple line "comment" as the reality will be multiline
                    comments even though my example was one line,
                    3. added a tab because I have bcc field open in my outlook express.

                    Thanks for the help.

                    ;manuel123@... 1/3/03
                    ;hacked by don 1/3/03 dpasseng@...

                    ;1. Outlook to be open // no longer required
                    ;2. Select the text of message with comment
                    ;3. Clip create a new message

                    ; Text = text of the message select
                    ^!Set %comment%=^$StrDelete("^$GetSelection$";1;8)$

                    ; add jump start of select to make
                    ; work if selected more than one line of message comment
                    ^!Jump SELECT_START
                    ; Line up
                    ^!Jump -1

                    ; Copy subject text without subject word
                    ^!Set %subject%=^$StrDelete("^$Getline$";1;8)$

                    ; Up one line
                    ^!Jump -1

                    ; Select line
                    ^!Select Line

                    ; Find @
                    ; H: Only searches within selection if text is highlighted
                    ^!Find @ H

                    ; Select email of the line
                    ^!Select EMAIL

                    ; Set email to email
                    ^!Set %email%=^$GetSelection$

                    ^!IfAppOpen "*Outlook Express - Main Identity" open
                    ^!Shell "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
                    ^!Delay 45

                    :open
                    ^!FocusApp "*Outlook Express - Main Identity"
                    ^!Delay 30

                    ; Create a new message
                    ^!Keyboard Ctrl+N

                    ; Write field to and subject
                    ^!Keyboard #^%email%# TAB TAB TAB #^%subject%# TAB

                    ; Write text in the body of message
                    ^!Keyboard #You said:# ENTER ENTER
                    ^!Keyboard #^%comment%# ENTER ENTER

                    --
                    Don Passenger

                    Co-conspirator @ http://www.htmlfixit.com

                    > >^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express - Main Identity"
                    > >and it worked to shift focus now.
                  • hsavage
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
                      Don Passenger wrote:

                      >Okay, I changed:
                      >^!FocusApp Outlook Express
                      >^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express - Main Identity"
                      >and it worked to shift focus now.
                      >

                      >--
                      >Don Passenger

                      Don,

                      Try

                      ^!FocusApp *Outlook Express*

                      hrs
                    • hsavage
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
                        hsavage wrote:

                        >Don Passenger wrote:
                        >

                        >>Okay, I changed:
                        >>^!FocusApp Outlook Express
                        >>^!FocusApp "Inbox - Outlook Express - Main Identity"
                        >>and it worked to shift focus now.
                        >>

                        >>--
                        >>Don Passenger
                        >>

                        >Don,
                        >
                        >Try
                        >
                        >^!FocusApp *Outlook Express*
                        >
                        >hrs

                        Don,

                        I sent before I saw the next message, try it without the quotes and a
                        single asterisk on the left.

                        ^!FocusApp *Outlook Express

                        hrs
                      • Alan C.
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
                          Hi Don,

                          >I get mail in like this, several in one text file:
                          >
                          >Name: Dave
                          >Email: dave@...
                          >Subject: Test message
                          >Comment: another test message
                          <snipped>
                          >I want to be able to highlight a message and be emailing that person in my
                          >email client or otherwise. Can it be done?

                          'nuther approach that I formerly tinkered with

                          If, in Ntab you have a doc of text where the very top line is like next:

                          dave@...;Re: Test message;+

                          NoteTab doc text is from here on in the doc

                          H="send_email"
                          ; strips top semi colon delimited line into variable
                          ; then sends Ntab doc to email client, all is ready 2 send
                          ^!Jump 1
                          ^!Select EOL
                          ^!Set %delim_items%=^$GetSelection$
                          ^!Select LINE
                          ^!Replace "^$GetSelection$" >> "" ISH
                          ^!Email ^%delim_items%
                          ; --end of clip--

                          Or, I've a clip-Perl combo that, using Perl, sends the email directly from NoteTab (no need for any email client). It works, but maybe currently (when use it) need more manual editing than what's desirable. As soon as I learn more about Perl's shift function, I'm going to directly pass more parameters into Perl from NoteTab. If U interested, let me know, I'll post it on the Scripts list.

                          --
                          Later. Alan.
                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
                            Hi Don,

                            > Jody mentioned something the other day about focus switches
                            > being tightened down. Is there a setting somewhere I need to
                            > loosen up?

                            When dealing with other programs (and in some cases in NoteTab)
                            you need to know when a window gets focus before you pass keyboard
                            shortcuts on to it or whatever you might be doing.

                            You can use a testing statement while looping in those cases.

                            ^!..\..\Eudora.exe
                            ^!Delay 1
                            ^!IfAppOpen Eudora* Next else Skip_-1

                            Here is an example of using NetCaptor logging in using another method:

                            ^!Url http://pro.netcaptor.com/pro/
                            ^!Delay 2
                            ^!IfSame "^$GetAppTitle$" "NetCaptor User Center - NetCaptor" Next else Skip_-1

                            Sometimes, Titlebars want to be picky about being read it seems.
                            Perhaps there are some hidden characters and yet another method
                            can be used. Actually, the method is the same, just "tighter"
                            code.

                            ^!Url http://pro.netcaptor.com/pro/
                            ^!Delay 2
                            ^!IfSame "^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;14)$ "NetCaptor User" Next else Skip_-1

                            In the case above you are restricting the text checked to
                            eliminate any unseen characters if they are there; perhaps a
                            space. I don't know if it can happen; I only know that I've had
                            to do that in a dozen or so windows in the past. Likewise, you
                            can use StrCopyRight or others to check.

                            http://www.notetab.net