Re: [Clip] Insert Text and copy/paste

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2003
      At 01:48 PM 2/13/03 -0500, Lee wrote:
      >I am trying to set-up a clip that will allow me to switch back and forth
      >between copying text from one document and pasting it into the clip in
      >another document. I could do this with NoteTab Pro open in two sessions,
      >but I was wondering if I could do it with a clip. So far I have the
      >following clip, but I can't switch back and forth between the clip and the
      >two documents.

      Hi Lee,

      If you want to use clips in conjunction with the Clipedit document, they need to be on the Clipbar or in Cliphelp.clh in the Quicklist. Since you are using Pro, the Clipbar is the way to go.

      Here's part of a clip I keep on my Clipbar for something similar, maybe it will help you...

      H="Set or Paste Tags"
      ^!If ^$GetSelSize$ = 0 Next ELSE CopyText
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^%KeepText%")$ End
      ^!InsertText ^%KeepText%
      ^!Goto End
      :CopyText
      ^!Set %KeepText%=^$GetSelection$
      ^!Jump Select_End
      :End

      I have another clip that finds (auto highlights) the type of text I assign to %KeepText% and sets the variable. That clip is also on the Clipbar. After using it I can still use the above clip for pasting ^%KeepText%, even though the content was set in a different clip. Otherwise, using the above clip while text is selected sets %KeepText% and using it without text selected, pastes it.

      Hope it helps.