Re: [Clip] Edit ini

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 2003
      Larry Hamilton wrote:

      >As I understand it, it only reads the ini when the program is first started.
      >I am not aware of a way to make NoteTab read the ini without a re-start.
      >
      >I believe some have gotten around this with clips that start a new instance
      >of NoteTab and close the current instance.
      >
      >Larry
      >
      >David wrote:
      >

      >>Hi
      >>If I make a mistake in the quicklist say d:\html\midi\*.clb or wish to
      >>remove entries from the quicklist the only way is to edit the ini , the
      >>only problem is the ini does not update till you close nts I have tried
      >>the clips below partial success but I still can not udate the [directory
      >>list] in the ini ,What am I missing ???

      Larry, David and Alan,

      It's been a long time since I've used Notetab Standard, or, in my case,
      SuperNoteTab. That was way back when I wasn't real sure what clips or
      clip language was about.

      Does Standard read and write to inifiles differently than NTPro. If
      not, you can write changes to the notepro/notetab ini file and then see
      them in the file when you load it, or, reload it, whichever the case.

      The clip below demonstrates writing to, and reading, the ini file
      without the necessity of closing NoteTab.

      My comments may not be entirely accurate but after many attempts these
      actions seem to function as I comment.

      I usually have UAS with a clipcode shorthand library active. I did
      notice that on one occasion I had to toggle UAS off, then, back on for
      clip to work correctly.

      Other than that, and it may have been a coincidence, there was no
      problem with the clip function.

      The line that sets 2 variables, a single line, is, I think, the only
      line long enough to give a problem with email wrapping, check others to
      be sure.

      hrs
      ----------------------

      H="WRITE TO NOTEPRO/NOTETAB INIFILE"
      ;_Modified~Updated~Created_2/9/03_8:51:37a_hsavage@...
      ^!ClearVariables
      ;
      ; writes current state of current inifile to disk
      ^!ProgIniSave
      ;
      ; ensures the default ini is selected and active
      ; not needed unless another inifile has been active in same clip
      ^!SetIniFile
      ;
      ; open inifile to visually select item number
      ^!Set %whichini%=^?[WHICH INIFILE==_NOTEPRO|NOTETAB].ini
      ^!Open ^$GetAppPath$^%whichini%
      ^!Find "[DirectoryList]" S
      ^!SetView ^$GetRow$:1
      ;
      ; sequence of commands between dashed lines is critical
      ;-------------------------
      ; enter item number and new item data
      ; ** long line, check for email wrapping **
      ^!Set %item#%=^?{ENTER DIRECTORYLIST ITEM NUMBER=2};
      %itemdata%=^?{DIRECTORYLIST DATA-LEAVE BLANK IF DELETING DATA=}
      ;
      ; writes data to NoteTab ram or deletes if itemdata is blank
      ^!SaveValue DirectoryList:Specs_^%item#%=^%empty%^%itemdata%
      ;
      ; inifile plus new data in ram is read into Notetab
      ^!ProgIniLoad
      ;
      ; inifile with new data in Notetab is written to disk
      ^!ProgIniSave
      ;^!Delay 2
      ; inifile is reloaded so write can be verified
      ^!Open ^$GetAppPath$^%whichini%
      ^!Find "[DirectoryList]" S
      ^!SetView ^$GetRow$:1
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9, 2003
        Well, that shows how much I use this option. ;-)

        Larry