Re: [Clip] Re: Selectively strip HTML tags

  • Michael Gerholdt
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2003
      You can use this:

      H="tag buster"
      ^!Replace "</*^?[What tag?=_FONT|I][^>]*>" >> "^?[Replace with?=]" IRWA

      Leave the "replace with" part blank and it's gonesville for the chosen tag.

      You can add more tags into the list but it doesn't matter since you can also
      enter any tag in the text box.

      This clip takes out both opening and closing tags, regardless of what
      name/value pairs are present in the opening tag.

      The same line works for both opening and closing tags, so will work for
      so-called "empty" elements such as images as well.

      Mike

      > You're more sure than I am rdeckard1! LOL
      >
      > I strip tags all the time and for me it's either everything or nothing..
      >
      > I'm not saying what you want to do can't be done, I'm just saying it's not
      a request for a clip I've ever seen before...

      > John
      >

      > > I'm sure that this script has already been done by someone and I don't
      want to re-invent the wheel. I want to be able to strip out images and/ or
      tables from web pages but otherwise leave text formatting intact.