Re: [Clip] Dialog for processing Perl RegExp Replacements on open documents

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
      Sheri wrote:
      > Hi Larry,
      >
      > I definitely empathize, I'm almost over something that has lasted nearly
      > two weeks. Perl in "24 hours"? LOL. SAMS also has a 3 week teaching book.

      Yeah, I know.

      >> One suggestion, when the Global option is checked is is supposed to do
      >> all documents? I would hesitate to default that to on, just in case.
      >
      > The global option is just the regexp global modifier. If unchecked, only
      > the first matched text within each unit is replaced. Might want to play
      > with the different settings to learn how they work. Make a document that
      > looks like this:

      </snip>

      > At this point the process only operates on the current document, so have
      > no fear.

      OK got it.

      good stuff!

      Larry
    • Alan C.
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2003
        Hi,

        For those interested the PTK gui to work with Ntab, I just ran across another source of info for that and also for Perl too, their tutorials section of perlmonks

        http://perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=181977

        --
        Alan.
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 11, 2003
          At 03:50 PM 2/11/03 -0800, you wrote:
          >Hi,
          >
          >For those interested the PTK gui to work with Ntab, I just ran across another source of info for that and also for Perl too, their tutorials section of perlmonks
          >
          >http://perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=181977
          >
          >--
          >Alan.

          Hi Alan,

          Are you finding a bit more time for this stuff? You gave some ideas before, and different pieces are starting to work, so I'm getting pretty excited about it :D

          One thing is clear, it would probably help alot to know how to use the debugger effectively. I tried single stepping with it and it was so busy reporting activity from various modules that it didn't seem to tell me anything useful about my code.