Re: [Clip] Re: clip for searchdisk

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
      Hi Sheri, Harvey and Eric,

      I'm sorry about not sending a reply in earlier. I have found the
      same thing in times past about the search disk features via a
      Clip and found out the same results as you all. Perhaps Eric
      will find some time to send in a reply about setting the features
      via a Clip for Search Disk. -jody

      >> I'm trying to alter both, the SearchList_x and ReplaceList_x,
      >> of the SearchFiles section of NotePro.ini. I thought it would
      >> be handy to set both sides of the Search/Replace Disk function
      >> before opening SearchDisk, and, I assumed, that would be fairly
      >> easy.
      >>
      >> Well, it isn't, so I ask again, of Jody and Eric, are certain
      >> sections of NotePro.ini protected to inhibit user interference
      >> from within the program?
      >
      >Again it works for me, so I don't see how it could be a Notetab
      >issue, unless perhaps you have "Stay on Top" checked in Notetab's
      >control menu. That sometimes causes different behavior in clips
      >although I don't know that to be true in this case. Without
      >showing the specific clips you tried to use you make it hard to
      >tell what could be wrong.
      >
      >H="Inject Search Disk Replace Text"
      >^!ProgIniSave

      http://www.notetab.net

    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
        Jody wrote:

        >Hi Sheri, Harvey and Eric,
        >
        >I'm sorry about not sending a reply in earlier. I have found the
        >same thing in times past about the search disk features via a
        >Clip and found out the same results as you all. Perhaps Eric
        >will find some time to send in a reply about setting the features
        >via a Clip for Search Disk. -jody
        >

        >>>I'm trying to alter both, the SearchList_x and ReplaceList_x,
        >>>of the SearchFiles section of NotePro.ini.
        >>>
        >Happy Clip'n!
        >Jody

        Jody, et al,

        In the case of my clip, as I said, I kind of stumbled onto the answer
        via the process of trying many combinations. It's all a matter of
        getting the right sequence of commands, namely, ^!ProgIniLoad and
        ^!ProgIniSave in the correct order and in the correct place.

        With the current clip I built, I can immediately see the end result
        saved in Notepro.ini. I can program only one pair of data or I can
        program 15 pairs of data, and see each result as it's written to the INI
        file.

        hrs
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
          Hi Harvey,

          >In the case of my clip, as I said, I kind of stumbled onto the
          >answer via the process of trying many combinations. It's all a
          >matter of getting the right sequence of commands, namely,
          >^!ProgIniLoad and ^!ProgIniSave in the correct order and in the
          >correct place.

          ^!ProgIniLoad ^!ProgIniSave have always been a pain for me. I
          still end up doing it on a do it till it works basis it seems,
          but the example in the SampleCode Library helps me.

          http://www.notetab.net