Re: [Clip] Re: clip for searchdisk

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2003
      Sheri wrote:

      >At 06:52 PM 1/28/03 -0600, hrs wrote:
      >

      >>I'm trying to alter both, the SearchList_x and ReplaceList_x, of the
      >>SearchFiles section of NotePro.ini.
      >>
      >>Well, it isn't,
      >>

      >Again it works for me, so I don't see how it could be a Notetab issue,
      >
      >H="Inject Search Disk Replace Text"

      Sheri,

      I appreciate the help attempt. I have been able to get data inserted
      into the SearchDisk dialog with my clips. That's OK but it was
      secondary to my goal.

      I was attempting, for instance, to load one, or several, Search/Replace
      Disk samples into SearchFiles so they would be readily available by
      simply opening SearchDisk. SearchFiles, it appears, holds 15 of each,
      Search/Replace data. I wanted to be able to write to all of them if I
      chose to.

      My problem was I couldn't get it written to NotePro.ini without closing
      and reopening NTP. No longer a problem. I stumbled upon the method and
      now I can write search-replace data to all 15 if the need arises.

      It probably won't, but, I'm ready. I've used NoteTab quite a while just
      as a text editor, about the last year or so I started delving into clips
      and I don't recall ever using SearchDisk. Thought this would be
      interesting to try, and it was.

      hrs
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
        Hi Sheri, Harvey and Eric,

        I'm sorry about not sending a reply in earlier. I have found the
        same thing in times past about the search disk features via a
        Clip and found out the same results as you all. Perhaps Eric
        will find some time to send in a reply about setting the features
        via a Clip for Search Disk. -jody

        >> I'm trying to alter both, the SearchList_x and ReplaceList_x,
        >> of the SearchFiles section of NotePro.ini. I thought it would
        >> be handy to set both sides of the Search/Replace Disk function
        >> before opening SearchDisk, and, I assumed, that would be fairly
        >> easy.
        >>
        >> Well, it isn't, so I ask again, of Jody and Eric, are certain
        >> sections of NotePro.ini protected to inhibit user interference
        >> from within the program?
        >
        >Again it works for me, so I don't see how it could be a Notetab
        >issue, unless perhaps you have "Stay on Top" checked in Notetab's
        >control menu. That sometimes causes different behavior in clips
        >although I don't know that to be true in this case. Without
        >showing the specific clips you tried to use you make it hard to
        >tell what could be wrong.
        >
        >H="Inject Search Disk Replace Text"
        >^!ProgIniSave

        http://www.notetab.net

      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
          Jody wrote:

          >Hi Sheri, Harvey and Eric,
          >
          >I'm sorry about not sending a reply in earlier. I have found the
          >same thing in times past about the search disk features via a
          >Clip and found out the same results as you all. Perhaps Eric
          >will find some time to send in a reply about setting the features
          >via a Clip for Search Disk. -jody
          >

          >>>I'm trying to alter both, the SearchList_x and ReplaceList_x,
          >>>of the SearchFiles section of NotePro.ini.
          >>>
          >Happy Clip'n!
          >Jody

          Jody, et al,

          In the case of my clip, as I said, I kind of stumbled onto the answer
          via the process of trying many combinations. It's all a matter of
          getting the right sequence of commands, namely, ^!ProgIniLoad and
          ^!ProgIniSave in the correct order and in the correct place.

          With the current clip I built, I can immediately see the end result
          saved in Notepro.ini. I can program only one pair of data or I can
          program 15 pairs of data, and see each result as it's written to the INI
          file.

          hrs
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
            Hi Harvey,

            >In the case of my clip, as I said, I kind of stumbled onto the
            >answer via the process of trying many combinations. It's all a
            >matter of getting the right sequence of commands, namely,
            >^!ProgIniLoad and ^!ProgIniSave in the correct order and in the
            >correct place.

            ^!ProgIniLoad ^!ProgIniSave have always been a pain for me. I
            still end up doing it on a do it till it works basis it seems,
            but the example in the SampleCode Library helps me.

            http://www.notetab.net