Re: clip for searchdisk

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 28, 2003
      hsavage wrote:

      > > Jody, and, or Eric,
      > >
      > > attempt to alter the SearchFiles section. I tried to do ^!SaveValue's
      > > in several different ways.
      > >
      > > I could save the desired values to an entirely new section I created in
      > > NotePro.ini but no matter what I tried I couldn't alter the SearchFiles
      > > section of the .ini unless I edited it manually and rebooted NotePro or
      > > used SearchDisk dialog.
      > >
      > > My question, is the SearchFiles section of NotePro.ini protected in
      some
      > > way to prevent access to it other that a manual edit or the SearchDisk
      > > dialog?
      > >
      > > hrs
      >
      > Hi Harvey,
      >
      > ^!ProgIniSave
      > ^!SetIniFile
      > ^!SaveValue SearchFiles:ReplaceList_1=^$UseTokens(^$GetSelection$)$
      > ^!ProgIniLoad
      > ^!Info Your highlighted text is now 1st in the Search Disk Replace
      Box drop box.

      > Regards,
      > Sheri

      Jody, Eric, and Sheri,

      I couldn't get back to this question till now.

      Sheri, I already had clips with nearly identical ini control commands,
      and, no they don't work.

      I'm trying to alter both, the SearchList_x and ReplaceList_x, of the
      SearchFiles section of NotePro.ini. I thought it would be handy to set
      both sides of the Search/Replace Disk function before opening
      SearchDisk, and, I assumed, that would be fairly easy.

      Well, it isn't, so I ask again, of Jody and Eric, are certain sections
      of NotePro.ini protected to inhibit user interference from within the
      program?

      I tried many different combinations and found, I could easily add, alter
      and remove new sections as I do very frequently with ini files that
      store data for a webpage template I use.

      Is there a way to allow user access to those sections of NotePro.ini?

      Thanks,

      hrs
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 29, 2003
        At 06:52 PM 1/28/03 -0600, hrs wrote:
        >I'm trying to alter both, the SearchList_x and ReplaceList_x, of the
        >SearchFiles section of NotePro.ini. I thought it would be handy to set
        >both sides of the Search/Replace Disk function before opening
        >SearchDisk, and, I assumed, that would be fairly easy.
        >
        >Well, it isn't, so I ask again, of Jody and Eric, are certain sections
        >of NotePro.ini protected to inhibit user interference from within the
        >program?

        Again it works for me, so I don't see how it could be a Notetab issue, unless perhaps you have
        "Stay on Top" checked in Notetab's control menu. That sometimes causes different behavior in
        clips although I don't know that to be true in this case. Without showing the specific clips you
        tried to use you make it hard to tell what could be wrong.

        H="Inject Search Disk Replace Text"
        ^!ProgIniSave
        ^!SetIniFile
        ^!Prompt Highlight Search Text, then press Alt key to continue clip
        :Wait1
        ;The sethintinfo command had to be in the loop or couldn't highlight text
        ^!SetHintInfo Highlight search text, then press Alt key to continue clip
        ^!IfTrue ^$IsAltKeyDown$ Next Else Wait1
        ^!SaveValue SearchFiles:SearchList_1=^$UseTokens(^$GetSelection$)$
        ^!Prompt Highlight Replace Text, then press Alt key to continue clip
        :Wait2
        ^!SetHintInfo Highlight replace text, then press Alt key to continue clip
        ^!IfTrue ^$IsAltKeyDown$ Next Else Wait2
        ^!SaveValue SearchFiles:ReplaceList_1=^$UseTokens(^$GetSelection$)$
        ^!ProgIniLoad
        ^!SetHintInfo
        ^!Select 0
        :Show SearchDisk Dialog
        ^!Prompt clip keystrokes won't work here - next go to "replace in files" section and show 1st S&R drop box texts.
        ^!Menu Search/Search Disk
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 30, 2003
          Sheri wrote:

          >At 06:52 PM 1/28/03 -0600, hrs wrote:
          >

          >>I'm trying to alter both, the SearchList_x and ReplaceList_x, of the
          >>SearchFiles section of NotePro.ini.
          >>
          >>Well, it isn't,
          >>

          >Again it works for me, so I don't see how it could be a Notetab issue,
          >
          >H="Inject Search Disk Replace Text"

          Sheri,

          I appreciate the help attempt. I have been able to get data inserted
          into the SearchDisk dialog with my clips. That's OK but it was
          secondary to my goal.

          I was attempting, for instance, to load one, or several, Search/Replace
          Disk samples into SearchFiles so they would be readily available by
          simply opening SearchDisk. SearchFiles, it appears, holds 15 of each,
          Search/Replace data. I wanted to be able to write to all of them if I
          chose to.

          My problem was I couldn't get it written to NotePro.ini without closing
          and reopening NTP. No longer a problem. I stumbled upon the method and
          now I can write search-replace data to all 15 if the need arises.

          It probably won't, but, I'm ready. I've used NoteTab quite a while just
          as a text editor, about the last year or so I started delving into clips
          and I don't recall ever using SearchDisk. Thought this would be
          interesting to try, and it was.

          hrs
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3 5:10 PM
            Hi Sheri, Harvey and Eric,

            I'm sorry about not sending a reply in earlier. I have found the
            same thing in times past about the search disk features via a
            Clip and found out the same results as you all. Perhaps Eric
            will find some time to send in a reply about setting the features
            via a Clip for Search Disk. -jody

            >> I'm trying to alter both, the SearchList_x and ReplaceList_x,
            >> of the SearchFiles section of NotePro.ini. I thought it would
            >> be handy to set both sides of the Search/Replace Disk function
            >> before opening SearchDisk, and, I assumed, that would be fairly
            >> easy.
            >>
            >> Well, it isn't, so I ask again, of Jody and Eric, are certain
            >> sections of NotePro.ini protected to inhibit user interference
            >> from within the program?
            >
            >Again it works for me, so I don't see how it could be a Notetab
            >issue, unless perhaps you have "Stay on Top" checked in Notetab's
            >control menu. That sometimes causes different behavior in clips
            >although I don't know that to be true in this case. Without
            >showing the specific clips you tried to use you make it hard to
            >tell what could be wrong.
            >
            >H="Inject Search Disk Replace Text"
            >^!ProgIniSave

            http://www.notetab.net

          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3 5:25 PM
              Jody wrote:

              >Hi Sheri, Harvey and Eric,
              >
              >I'm sorry about not sending a reply in earlier. I have found the
              >same thing in times past about the search disk features via a
              >Clip and found out the same results as you all. Perhaps Eric
              >will find some time to send in a reply about setting the features
              >via a Clip for Search Disk. -jody
              >

              >>>I'm trying to alter both, the SearchList_x and ReplaceList_x,
              >>>of the SearchFiles section of NotePro.ini.
              >>>
              >Happy Clip'n!
              >Jody

              Jody, et al,

              In the case of my clip, as I said, I kind of stumbled onto the answer
              via the process of trying many combinations. It's all a matter of
              getting the right sequence of commands, namely, ^!ProgIniLoad and
              ^!ProgIniSave in the correct order and in the correct place.

              With the current clip I built, I can immediately see the end result
              saved in Notepro.ini. I can program only one pair of data or I can
              program 15 pairs of data, and see each result as it's written to the INI
              file.

              hrs
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 3 5:36 PM
                Hi Harvey,

                >In the case of my clip, as I said, I kind of stumbled onto the
                >answer via the process of trying many combinations. It's all a
                >matter of getting the right sequence of commands, namely,
                >^!ProgIniLoad and ^!ProgIniSave in the correct order and in the
                >correct place.

                ^!ProgIniLoad ^!ProgIniSave have always been a pain for me. I
                still end up doing it on a do it till it works basis it seems,
                but the example in the SampleCode Library helps me.

                http://www.notetab.net