RE: [Clip] Using a document as Paste Board (was: Another find/re place question)

  • Pete Turner
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 27 3:25 PM
      G'day

      I've never used this feature either:-

      > >Another solution would be to utitilze the Paste Board feature, which
      > >I've never used. But from what I understand, you can use a file as a
      >
      > on Ntb menu:
      >
      > document > use as pasteboard

      but I now do have a use for it.

      My question is, is it possible to toggle this feature on/off for the current
      document in a clip?

      I've tried ^!Toolbar Use as Paste Board without success (it gives me a
      syntax error), and I can't find anything else in the help file that looks
      promising (^$IsPasteBoard$ will tell me if the document is the Paste Board
      or not, but there's no way of setting it that I can see).

      I did get it to work using ^!Keyboard SHIFT+CTRL+P but I'd always rather
      use a command than a keyboard macro if there's a command available.

      Pete

      Using Notetab Light 4.91
    • Sheri <silvermoonwoman@comcast.net>
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 27 3:59 PM
        Hi Pete,

        Since version 4.9 there's been a clip equivalent for every menu
        command using ^!Menu commands (including some overlap with ^!Toolbar
        commands). For Pasteboard toggle:

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 27 4:08 PM
          Thanks, Sheri, that's exactly what I need.

          > Since version 4.9 there's been a clip equivalent for every menu
          > command using ^!Menu commands (including some overlap with ^!Toolbar
          > commands).

          I've only just upgraded from 4.8, and I haven't had time yet to look through
          the new features; must move that up my to-do list!

          Pete
        • Ian Rastall
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 27 4:26 PM
            On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:25:07 +1100, Pete Turner <pete.turner@...>
            wrote:

            >I've tried ^!Toolbar Use as Paste Board without success (it gives me a
            >syntax error),

            You use the tool tip text when referring to a toolbar button. So it
            would be:

            ^!Toolbar Paste Board

            If you were referring to the menu command, it would be:

            ^!Menu Document/Use as Paste Board

            Ian
            --
            http://www.aspipes.org/
            http://www.bookstacks.org/
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 27 4:47 PM
              Pete Turner wrote:

              >but I now do have a use for it.
              >
              >My question is, is it possible to toggle this feature on/off for the current
              >document in a clip?
              >
              >I've tried ^!Toolbar Use as Paste Board without success (it gives me a
              >syntax error), and I can't find anything else in the help file that looks
              >promising (^$IsPasteBoard$ will tell me if the document is the Paste Board
              >or not, but there's no way of setting it that I can see).
              >
              >I did get it to work using ^!Keyboard SHIFT+CTRL+P but I'd always rather
              >use a command than a keyboard macro if there's a command available.
              >

              >Pete

              Pete,

              Any time NotePro is open I have a pasteboard open. It's one of the
              files that reloads when NoteTab is started.

              Yes, you can control the pasteboard with clips. Below is an assortment
              of pasteboard controllers. I have them in a single library that I keep
              all my most useful clips in. You can access them from an icon on a
              clipbar or with a, ^!FarClip default:pboff , at the start of a clip, or,
              ^!FarClip default:pbon , at the closing of a clip. Just insert in an
              appropriate locations in a clip.

              Default is the clipbook name.

              With the pbtoggle clip you can toggle pb off and on from a clipbar icon,
              pbswitch, from the toolbar, allows you to focus a file of your choice
              and with the click of a toolbar icon, quickly change to a pasteboard for
              special jobs.

              The names are self explanatory. Each will re-focus(return-to) you to
              the file you are in when you activate the clip. All the functions work
              great for me. The only way they might be improved is, maybe, changing
              the ^!Keyboard command to the newer ^!Menu command. The clips work so
              well for me I doubt if that would make any difference.

              The underscore before each clipname, is, as you probably know, makes
              them non-clickable from a clipbook window beside the documents. My
              pasteboard document as you will probably figure out, pasties.txt.
              That's useer tunable if you don't like that name. I too, always keep
              the pb file (pasties.txt) at tab 1.

              You and everyone, are welcome to use them.

              hrs

              H="_PBon"
              ;^!SetScreenUpdate 0
              ^!Set %returnto%=^$GetDocIndex$
              ^!Set %toggle%=0
              ^!SetDocIndex ^$GetDocIndex(^$GetDocumentPath$pasties.txt)$
              ^!If ^$IsPasteBoard$ = ^%toggle% ^!KeyBoard Shift+Ctrl+P
              ^!SetDocIndex ^%returnto%

              H="_PBoff"
              ;^!SetScreenUpdate 0
              ^!Set %returnto%=^$GetDocIndex$
              ^!Set %toggle%=1
              ^!SetDocIndex ^$GetDocIndex(^$GetDocumentPath$pasties.txt)$
              ^!If ^$IsPasteBoard$ = ^%toggle% ^!KeyBoard Shift+Ctrl+P
              ^!SetDocIndex ^%returnto%

              H="_PBtoggle"
              ;^!SetScreenUpdate 0
              ^!Set %returnto%=^$GetDocIndex$
              ^!Set %toggle%=0
              ^!SetDocIndex ^$GetDocIndex(^$GetDocumentPath$pasties.txt)$
              ^!If ^$IsPasteBoard$ = 1 ^!Set %toggle%=1
              ^!If ^$IsPasteBoard$ = ^%toggle% ^!KeyBoard Shift+Ctrl+P
              ^!SetDocIndex ^%returnto%

              H="_PBswitch"
              ;^!SetScreenUpdate 0
              ^!Set %toggle%=0
              ^!If ^$IsPasteBoard$ = ^%toggle% ^!KeyBoard Shift+Ctrl+P

              H="_PBclosereload"
              ;^!SetScreenUpdate 0
              ^!Set %Toggle%=0
              ^!SetDocIndex ^$GetDocIndex(^$GetDocumentPath$pasties.txt)$
              ^!If ^$IsPasteBoard$ = 1 NEXT ELSE SKIP
              ^!Close ^?[==_Discard|Save]
              ^!Open ^$GetDocumentPath$pasties.txt
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 27 5:53 PM
                Thanks, Harvey, these look good and I'll almost certainly use them...

                > Yes, you can control the pasteboard with clips. Below is an
                > assortment of pasteboard controllers.

                I also like your idea of having a pasteboard document always open.

                Pete
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 27 10:54 PM
                  Hi Pete,

                  >My question is, is it possible to toggle this feature on/off for
                  >the current document in a clip?

                  I know you asked to do it in a Clip, but in case you overlooked
                  it, you can put NoteTab in the System Tray (and Close to System
                  Tray) and you can toggle the Paste Board on/off from it. You
                  could also use a Hotkey to turn it on/off if that hasn't been
                  mentioned.

                  http://www.notetab.net