Re: clip for searchdisk (from Basic list)

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2003
      >--- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@p...> wrote:
      >> Jody, and, or Eric,
      >>
      >> Earlier on the clips list a short discussion evolved about using a clip
      >> to gather data for the SearchDisk dialog. It's obvious copy&paste won't
      >> work unless you're using a clipboard utility that allows multiple saves.
      >>
      >> I decided to try altering NotePro.ini with no success, at least in the
      >> attempt to alter the SearchFiles section. I tried to do ^!SaveValue's
      >> in several different ways.
      >>
      >> I could save the desired values to an entirely new section I created in
      >> NotePro.ini but no matter what I tried I couldn't alter the SearchFiles
      >> section of the .ini unless I edited it manually and rebooted NotePro or
      >> used SearchDisk dialog.
      >>
      >> My question, is the SearchFiles section of NotePro.ini protected in some
      >> way to prevent access to it other that a manual edit or the SearchDisk
      >> dialog?
      >>
      >> I already have clips that edit, or manipulate the Find and Replace data
      >> in NotePro.ini with no trouble. Is there a way to change the
      >> SearchFiles data with a clip?
      >>
      >> hrs

      Hi Harvey,

      This didn't cause me any problem. Did you try the little clip I had posted? To avoid some potential problems, add ^!ProgIniSave to the top of it.

      ^!ProgIniSave
      ^!SetIniFile
      ^!SaveValue SearchFiles:ReplaceList_1=^$UseTokens(^$GetSelection$)$
      ^!ProgIniLoad
      ^!Info Your highlighted text is now 1st in the Search Disk Replace Box drop box.

      Maybe you don't have a proper count in the ini for SearchFiles:ReplaceListCount, which doesn't exist if you've never used the dialog...