[Clip] Re: fresh in, old out

  • Nicole Simon
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 1999
      BONG wrote:
      > Me too:)) I know many news sites have their oldest news automatically
      > removed somehow

      It's not done the way you intend this to be. Many of your descriptions show
      that you coding, but not programming.

      A better approach would be:
      - make your html page
      - split into three parts
      - whole site until your marker, save this in header.html
      - the part from your marker till the end of marker -> mynews.txt
      - the rest -> footer.html

      - edit your mynews.txt
      - make a clip:
      - open mynews.txt
      - jump to line 7
      - mark everything from here to end
      - delete
      - jump line one
      - insert file header.html
      - jump endofdoc
      - insert footer.html
      - save as mynews.html

      This is still a workaround, but much easier than your approach.

      To keep your html page in one piece:
      - write your news in mynews.txt
      - write your complete mynews.html
      - delete everything from your six lines
      - put a text there which will *never* appear anywhere else
      - save it.

      - make a clip
      - open mynews.html
      - search for your marker
      - replace marker with nothing
      - insert mynews.txt here
      - save

      (This is of course still not the best, but better than nothing)
      Nicole

      --
      »So, you're searching for alien life forms? Don't you meet
      enough strange people in discussion lists like this one? ;o)«
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 1999

         I  guess I'll ask some webmasters about the concept first.

        Hi Jody & Bong:
        I don't know if this will work but you might find something at java
        which will work it is freeware and I have gotten some good stuff
        there .... their little email snooper has made me allot of new freinds

        Navigation -> Day of Month Redirection

        http://navigation.javascriptsource.com/day-of-week-redirection.html

        0.62 KB * Uploaded May 19 1999

        Or maybe you have a separate page for each day of the month.
        This script will detect what day of the month it is (1 <-> 31) and
        sends the user to [day of month].html (i.e. 1.html, 2.html, etc.)

        Happy Stockdoggin ......

        Bill   *||:>)

         3 commands pup should know !