Re: StrSort, helpme!

  • Sheri <silvermoonwoman@comcast.net>
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 11, 2003
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Manuel123 <manuel123@s...> wrote:
      > I don't understand. Could you send me an example.
      >
      > ^$StrSort("Str";CaseSensitive;Ascending;RemoveDuplicates)$ (added in
      > v4.52)
      > Returns the specified text "Str" sorted according to the defined
      > criteria. For example, the following instruction will sort the lines
      > contained in the Clipboard, in ascending order, ignoring character
      > case, and removing duplicates
      >
      > I trie the next but don't work.
      >
      > The text in the document is
      > Madrid
      > Madrid
      > Barcelona
      >
      > ^!set %ok%=^$StrSort(^$GetText$;Ascending)$
      > ^!Info ^%ok%

      Hi Manuel,

      You have to give boolean specs for each of the options in order; each
      (i.e., CaseSensitive;Ascending;RemoveDuplicates) can be True/False,
      Yes/No, or 1/0.

      Might want to try my Clipcode Syntax clip to help avoid syntax
      problems.

    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 11, 2003
        Manuel123 wrote:

        >I don't understand. Could you send me an example.
        >
        >^$StrSort("Str";CaseSensitive;Ascending;RemoveDuplicates)$ (added in
        >v4.52)
        >Returns the specified text "Str" sorted according to the defined
        >criteria. For example, the following instruction will sort the lines
        >contained in the Clipboard, in ascending order, ignoring character
        >case, and removing duplicates
        >
        >I trie the next but don't work.
        >
        >The text in the document is
        >Madrid
        >Madrid
        >Barcelona
        >
        >^!set %ok%=^$StrSort(^$GetText$;Ascending)$
        >^!Info ^%ok%

        Manuel123,

        Try this. The digit "1" equals "true" and the digit "0" equals "false".

        h=strsort
        ^!set %ok%=^$StrSort(^$GetText$;1;1;0)$
        ^!Info ^%ok%

        hrs