Re: [Clip] Re: Weird behavior when running perl clips

  • Piotr Bienkowski
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 11, 2003
      On 11 Jan 2003 at 13:48, Sheri silvermoonwoman@... wrote:

      > What syntax are you using to run your Perl? That doesn't happen to me
      > in W98SE using ^!RunPerl. I do see all the lines in the file get
      > highlighted. I can avoid that by preceding the ^!RunPerl with
      >
      > ^!SetScreenUpdate Off

      I use ^!FocusDoc and ^!RunPerl with the name of the clip containing Perl code.
      I guess that the screen going black (completely black, with no program windows
      visible) has to do with the way Win XP handles calls to command line programs, but I
      don't know what to do to prevent it

      Regards,

      Piotr
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 11, 2003
        Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

        >On 11 Jan 2003 at 13:48, Sheri silvermoonwoman@... wrote:
        >

        >>What syntax are you using to run your Perl? That doesn't happen to me
        >>in W98SE using ^!RunPerl. I do see all the lines in the file get
        >>highlighted. I can avoid that by preceding the ^!RunPerl with
        >>
        >>^!SetScreenUpdate Off
        >>

        >I use ^!FocusDoc and ^!RunPerl with the name of the clip containing Perl code.
        >I guess that the screen going black (completely black, with no program windows
        >visible) has to do with the way Win XP handles calls to command line programs, but I
        >don't know what to do to prevent it
        >
        >Regards,
        >
        >Piotr

        Piotr,

        I have a box with XP on it but haven't gotten into it yet so this is a
        shot in the dark.

        Is it possible that when running a commandlline program XP opens
        something like a dos window? If it does maybe the dos window is using
        the full screen and if it is that might be regulated by finding the
        proper .pif file and making the necessary settings adjustments to
        prevent it from happening.

        hrs
      • Sheri <silvermoonwoman@comcast.net>
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 11, 2003
          Hi Piotr,

          Unless you have seen the exact same code, clip and file names respond
          differently under a different Windows OS, you might want to post all
          your code and file details to see how it works for others.

        • Manuel123
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 11, 2003
            I don't understand. Could you send me an example.

            ^$StrSort("Str";CaseSensitive;Ascending;RemoveDuplicates)$ (added in
            v4.52)
            Returns the specified text "Str" sorted according to the defined
            criteria. For example, the following instruction will sort the lines
            contained in the Clipboard, in ascending order, ignoring character
            case, and removing duplicates

            I trie the next but don't work.

            The text in the document is
            Madrid
            Madrid
            Barcelona

            ^!set %ok%=^$StrSort(^$GetText$;Ascending)$
            ^!Info ^%ok%
            ---
            Cursos para ciegos
            Windows,Iexplorer,Outlook,Html,Word,Excel,Access
            ALTAS/BAJAS avisarte cursos en http://www.solotxt.com
          • Alan C.
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 11, 2003
              At 04:15 PM 1/11/2003 +0100, you wrote:
              >On 11 Jan 2003 at 13:48, Sheri silvermoonwoman@... wrote:
              >
              >> What syntax are you using to run your Perl? That doesn't happen to me
              ><snipped>
              >
              >I use ^!FocusDoc and ^!RunPerl with the name of the clip containing Perl code.

              I haven't used FocusDoc. But RunPerl works fine here: Win 2k SP2 NTP 492 ActiveState Perl 5.61

              (just a guess, a query really) OS user permissions? a user's permissions versus an administrator's permissions. I run with administrator privileges/permissions though I don't endorse this practice.

              H="pl_leadspace_trimr"
              ^!RunPerl pl_trmleadspace

              H="_pl_trmleadspace"
              #!/perl/bin/perl -w
              while (<>) {
              s/^ +//;
              print "$_";
              }

              H="pl_conditional_line_joiner"
              ^!RunPerl pl_joinlines

              H="_pl_joinlines"
              #!/perl/bin/perl -w
              # removes \n from line(s) but does so only if line(s)
              # are NOT 1. begin with a dot 2. end of string.
              # undef $/; # Enter "file slurp" mode.
              # $text = <>; # This file/selection slurped into the scalar
              $text = do { local $/; <> };
              $text =~ s/\n(?!\.|\z)/ /g;
              print $text;
              # end

              --
              Alan.
            • Sheri <silvermoonwoman@comcast.net>
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 11, 2003
                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Manuel123 <manuel123@s...> wrote:
                > I don't understand. Could you send me an example.
                >
                > ^$StrSort("Str";CaseSensitive;Ascending;RemoveDuplicates)$ (added in
                > v4.52)
                > Returns the specified text "Str" sorted according to the defined
                > criteria. For example, the following instruction will sort the lines
                > contained in the Clipboard, in ascending order, ignoring character
                > case, and removing duplicates
                >
                > I trie the next but don't work.
                >
                > The text in the document is
                > Madrid
                > Madrid
                > Barcelona
                >
                > ^!set %ok%=^$StrSort(^$GetText$;Ascending)$
                > ^!Info ^%ok%

                Hi Manuel,

                You have to give boolean specs for each of the options in order; each
                (i.e., CaseSensitive;Ascending;RemoveDuplicates) can be True/False,
                Yes/No, or 1/0.

                Might want to try my Clipcode Syntax clip to help avoid syntax
                problems.

              • hsavage
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 11, 2003
                  Manuel123 wrote:

                  >I don't understand. Could you send me an example.
                  >
                  >^$StrSort("Str";CaseSensitive;Ascending;RemoveDuplicates)$ (added in
                  >v4.52)
                  >Returns the specified text "Str" sorted according to the defined
                  >criteria. For example, the following instruction will sort the lines
                  >contained in the Clipboard, in ascending order, ignoring character
                  >case, and removing duplicates
                  >
                  >I trie the next but don't work.
                  >
                  >The text in the document is
                  >Madrid
                  >Madrid
                  >Barcelona
                  >
                  >^!set %ok%=^$StrSort(^$GetText$;Ascending)$
                  >^!Info ^%ok%

                  Manuel123,

                  Try this. The digit "1" equals "true" and the digit "0" equals "false".

                  h=strsort
                  ^!set %ok%=^$StrSort(^$GetText$;1;1;0)$
                  ^!Info ^%ok%

                  hrs