Partially OT was Re: [Clip] needs help with a simple clip timer

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2003
      Hello Kevin,

      >Can someone help me with a simple timer clip that would activate another
      clip once a day?

      Look at the examples in NoteTab's remindme clip library.

      You need be careful when use Ntab timer--if, whenever your event is supposed to be activated by the timer, if simultaneously you happen to run another clip to edit text then your timer event (gets clobbered) will not be executed ultimately end result is as if the timer does not work.

      to work around that, either 1. do not run any other clip(s) near or at the time that your event is supposed to be kicked off by Ntab timer. 2. Use 2nd instance of NoteTab for timer clip useage while useing 1st instance of Ntab for editing or other uses. (a 2nd instance of Ntab minimized consumes but very little precious memory).

      Or, 3. I thinking of using

      http://www.americansys.com/

      look for their freeware ezscheduler. I own a copy of their ezmacro but haven't had time to implement it or their ezscheduler for a while.

      I think their macro and scheduler are popular softwares.

      This latter is off topic. And any further on this latter matter need to move on over to the NoteTab Off Topic emailing list.

      --
      Alan.