Re: [Clip] Re: What's up with %vbar%? + ascii code

  • loro
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003
      I wrote:
      >Talking about that, I also seem to recall that it's possible to use the
      >ascii code directly by writing the character's decimal or hexadecimal
      >number. If my memory doesn't trick me again, what's the format for that?

      To express myself more clearly, I'm not looking for ^$DecToChar()$. There
      was something else we could use before that function was added, more like
      an escape sequence (I think).
      It's not important. It's just something that keeps nagging me.

      Lotta
    • Sheri <silvermoonwoman@comcast.net>
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro@h...> wrote:

        > To express myself more clearly, I'm not looking for ^$DecToChar()$.
        > There
        > was something else we could use before that function was added,
        > more like
        > an escape sequence (I think).
        > It's not important. It's just something that keeps nagging me.
        >
        > Lotta

        Doesn't help much, but maybe you are remembering that you can hold
        down the Alt key and type the decimal numbers. E.g. Alt+124 types a
        vertical bar.

        Sheri
      • loro
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003
          At 06:45 2003.01.03, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:
          >Doesn't help much, but maybe you are remembering that you can hold
          >down the Alt key and type the decimal numbers. E.g. Alt+124 types a
          >vertical bar.

          No, that's not exactly what I was looking for, but thanks anyway. <G>

          I've travelled a bit further along memory lane. We can use ascii hex values
          with the ^!Keyboard command like so:

          ^!Keyboard $24 (prints "$")

          It's either that $xx construct or something similar I'm looking for. Maybe
          my memory tricks me into thinking its use wasn't limited to the Keyboard
          command.

          As said, it isn't important and not related to the bar-in-wizard problem.

          Lotta