Re: What's up with %vbar%?

  • hugo_paulissen <h.paulissen@facburfdcw.u
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003

      > ^!InsertText ^?[==blah|^%vbar%]
      >
      > A horizontal bar is correctly inserted in the document when the
      second
      > option is chosen but what's displayed in the wizard is this:
      >
      > blah
      > |%vbar%

      Hi Lotta,

      It's not the real thing, but maybe you could do it like this...

      ^!InsertText ^?[==blah|vbar^=^%vbar%]

      Hugo
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003
        > hugo_paulissen wrote:
        >
        > ^!InsertText ^?[==blah|^%vbar%]
        >
        > A horizontal bar is correctly inserted in the document when the
        >
        > second
        >
        > option is chosen but what's displayed in the wizard is this:
        >
        > blah
        > |%vbar%
        >

        > Hi Lotta,
        >
        > It's not the real thing, but maybe you could do it like this...
        >
        > ^!InsertText ^?[==blah|vbar^=^%vbar%]
        >
        > Hugo

        Lotta, Hugo,

        I haven't tried it in this case but how about the following.

        ^!InsertCode ^?[==blah|vbar^=^%vbar%]

        I have used it in other instances.

        hrs
      • hugo_paulissen <h.paulissen@facburfdcw.u
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003

          > ^!InsertCode ^?[==blah|vbar^=^%vbar%]
          >
          > I have used it in other instances.
          >
          > hrs

          Hi HRS,

          Yes, I thought that as well, and checked out UseTokens too, but
          neither did work - so I came with the suggestion to present a
          readable character first... (THe problem is in the wizard itself,
          when used with []-brackets).

          Hugo
        • loro
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003
            Hi Hugo and Harvey,

            Me complained:
            > > ^!InsertText ^?[==blah|^%vbar%]
            > >

            > > option is chosen but what's displayed in the wizard is this:
            > >
            > > blah
            > > |%vbar%

            You suggested:
            > > ^!InsertText ^?[==blah|vbar^=^%vbar%]
            >^!InsertCode ^?[==blah|vbar^=^%vbar%]

            It's just that I thought ^%vbar% used to work in the (square bracket)
            wizard itself too, but I guess I remember wrong. I need it to look somewhat
            right but I'll have to settle for a broken bar then (¦).

            Talking about that, I also seem to recall that it's possible to use the
            ascii code directly by writing the character's decimal or hexadecimal
            number. If my memory doesn't trick me again, what's the format for that?

            Note to Bob, IIRC means If I Recall Correctly (I wish!)

            Thanks,
            Lotta
          • loro
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003
              I wrote:
              >Talking about that, I also seem to recall that it's possible to use the
              >ascii code directly by writing the character's decimal or hexadecimal
              >number. If my memory doesn't trick me again, what's the format for that?

              To express myself more clearly, I'm not looking for ^$DecToChar()$. There
              was something else we could use before that function was added, more like
              an escape sequence (I think).
              It's not important. It's just something that keeps nagging me.

              Lotta
            • Sheri <silvermoonwoman@comcast.net>
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003
                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro@h...> wrote:

                > To express myself more clearly, I'm not looking for ^$DecToChar()$.
                > There
                > was something else we could use before that function was added,
                > more like
                > an escape sequence (I think).
                > It's not important. It's just something that keeps nagging me.
                >
                > Lotta

                Doesn't help much, but maybe you are remembering that you can hold
                down the Alt key and type the decimal numbers. E.g. Alt+124 types a
                vertical bar.

                Sheri
              • loro
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 2, 2003
                  At 06:45 2003.01.03, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:
                  >Doesn't help much, but maybe you are remembering that you can hold
                  >down the Alt key and type the decimal numbers. E.g. Alt+124 types a
                  >vertical bar.

                  No, that's not exactly what I was looking for, but thanks anyway. <G>

                  I've travelled a bit further along memory lane. We can use ascii hex values
                  with the ^!Keyboard command like so:

                  ^!Keyboard $24 (prints "$")

                  It's either that $xx construct or something similar I'm looking for. Maybe
                  my memory tricks me into thinking its use wasn't limited to the Keyboard
                  command.

                  As said, it isn't important and not related to the bar-in-wizard problem.

                  Lotta