timer bug in NoteTab Lite; NoteTab publicity

  • dean martineau
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2002
      I believe I've had this discussion before, but now believe that there is a
      problem that may only occur in NoteTab Lite. Take these lines of code:

      ^!TimerStart 60000
      ^!TimerPlay Book1

      H="Book1"
      ^!IfInRange hhmm 0854..0854 doit
      :doit
      and more commands, not needed for this illustration ...

      What happens is that if I start the timer at 8:35, the instructions found
      under :doit are carried out at 8:36, despite the fact that they aren't
      supposed to be carried out until 8:54. I gather that no matter the result
      of the if statement, the clip continues processing the next line.

      I've tried some alternatives, such as putting a label :top just before the
      if statement, then making the if statement read
      ^!IfInRange hhmm 0854..0854 doit Else top
      and when I do this, the clip is never completed, even at the appointed
      8:54. I believe I remember somebody saying that this was not a problem in
      NoteTab Pro, but I usually use Lite even though I own Pro. Is this a bug,
      or am I missing something?

      Let me also take this opportunity to alert the folks at Fookes Software,
      and others, of an audio feature on NoteTab which I created and which is
      available on the web. this was an article for my now-defunct computer
      magazine for the blind which I also submitted to Main Menu, a two-hour
      weekly program on technology for the blind.

      The Url to listen to the entire two-hour program which contains the segment is
      http://www.acbradio.org/archives/mainmenu/mm120.m3u.
      With Winamp, it's easy to skip to the fourth segment, the one in question.

      Or you can download the segment, I don't believe you can link directly to
      it for on-line listening purposes, at
      http://www.acbradio.org/archives/mainmenu/mm1204.mp3

      Enjoy, and thanks for the Clip help.

      Dean
    • Alan C.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2003
        Hi Dean,

        >H="Book1"
        >^!IfInRange hhmm 0854..0854 doit
        ^!Goto end
        >:doit

        >I've tried some alternatives, such as putting a label :top just before the

        >NoteTab Pro, but I usually use Lite even though I own Pro. Is this a bug,
        >or am I missing something?

        I not know regards the bug topic. But if you haven't yet, you might try an alternative like including the goto line like I have the above--doing so allows for a returning to the original clip so that the original clip again has control and the original clip can once again initiate the Book1 clip at the specified timer interval.

        --
        original clip has the power to initiate a secondary clip (repeatedly) at specified interval

        secondary clip need be constructed so as to test quickly then if no condition met then quickly return the control back to the original clip
        --

        original clip equals parent clip
        secondary clip equals child or subordinate clip

        The top might have put it into an (unwanted) infinite or endless loop

        shift f12

        toggles on off on off etc. etc. the non printing

        any clip must not have any trailing space(s)

        --
        Alan.