Re: [Clip] timer and closing apps

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 15, 2002
      Timer itself now (changed) set at 5 minutes interval. Therefore, no need for checking/testing in the my_reminder clip. So, removed any code for conditional testing from the my_reminder clip. (Easier way) to just have a repeated 5 minute interval action/reminder.

      >H="StartTimer"
      >; Timer event will be triggered every 30 seconds
      >^!TimerStart 30000
      ><snipped but do note the 4 zeros above>
      >H="_my_reminder"
      >; 1 of 2 digits stripped, leaves the RH digit
      >^!Set %time%=^$StrCopyRight("^$GetDate(nn)$";1)$
      >^!IfSame "5" "^%time%" myreminder1
      >^!IfSame "0" "^%time%" myreminder1
      >^!GoTo End
      >
      >:myreminder1
      >; ^!IfTrue ^%p_myreminder1% End
      >
      >; here is the every 5 minute activation interval
      >^!Prompt Important! The minute is on ^%time%
      >; ^!Set %p_myreminder1%=True
      >
      >; a 1 minute and 9 second delay (so that it doesn't get
      >; back out of here to check again within 30 seconds)
      >^!Delay 690
      >^!GoTo End

      H="StartTimer"
      ; Timer event will be triggered every 5 minutes (5, not 4 zeros)
      ^!TimerStart 300000
      ; The timer will activate the Clip "my_reminder" at the defined time interval
      ^!TimerPlay my_reminder
      ; Display confirmation message
      ^!Prompt The "my_reminder" 5 minute interval event is now active

      H="_my_reminder"
      ; ^!IfTrue ^%p_myreminder1% End
      ; here is the every 5 minute activation interval
      ^!Prompt Important! This is a 5 minute reminder!
      ; ^!Set %p_myreminder1%=True
      ^!GoTo End
      ; ---end of clip---

      --