Re: [Clip] timer and closing apps

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 15, 2002
      I got rid of the ^!Delay command. Works even better. Notice in the updated further below, a new ^!IfSame line followed by a new ^!Set line then the same 5 minute interval. Notice a new :bypass (a label) after the 5 minute interval. And notice that I removed the ^!Delay 690

      >:myreminder1
      >; ^!IfTrue ^%p_myreminder1% End
      >
      >; here is the every 5 minute activation interval
      >^!Prompt Important! The minute is on ^%time%
      >; ^!Set %p_myreminder1%=True
      >
      >; a 1 minute and 9 second delay (so that it doesn't get
      >; back out of here to check again within 30 seconds)
      >^!Delay 690
      >^!GoTo End

      :myreminder1
      ; ^!IfTrue ^%p_myreminder1% End
      ^!IfSame "^%verify%" "^%time%" bypass
      ^!Set %verify%=^%time%
      ; here is the every 5 minute activation interval
      ^!Prompt Important! The minute is on ^%time%
      :bypass
      ; ^!Set %p_myreminder1%=True
      ^!GoTo End
      ; ---end of clip stuff---

      --
      Alan.
    • Sheri <silvermoonwoman@comcast.net>
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 15, 2002
        Hi Lee,

        I'm glad that worked ok, glad to help.

        I just noticed that I made an error in the replace clause by leaving
        a percent off the end of ^%empty%. Although it seems to be working
        without a closing percent this time, it doesn't always work out that
        way. You should fix it in your saved version. Either of the
        following would be fine.

        ^!Replace "\"[^"]+\"\s" >> "^%empty%" RSIA

        or

        ^!Replace "\"[^"]+\"\s" >> "" RSIA

      • Alan C.
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 15, 2002
          Timer itself now (changed) set at 5 minutes interval. Therefore, no need for checking/testing in the my_reminder clip. So, removed any code for conditional testing from the my_reminder clip. (Easier way) to just have a repeated 5 minute interval action/reminder.

          >H="StartTimer"
          >; Timer event will be triggered every 30 seconds
          >^!TimerStart 30000
          ><snipped but do note the 4 zeros above>
          >H="_my_reminder"
          >; 1 of 2 digits stripped, leaves the RH digit
          >^!Set %time%=^$StrCopyRight("^$GetDate(nn)$";1)$
          >^!IfSame "5" "^%time%" myreminder1
          >^!IfSame "0" "^%time%" myreminder1
          >^!GoTo End
          >
          >:myreminder1
          >; ^!IfTrue ^%p_myreminder1% End
          >
          >; here is the every 5 minute activation interval
          >^!Prompt Important! The minute is on ^%time%
          >; ^!Set %p_myreminder1%=True
          >
          >; a 1 minute and 9 second delay (so that it doesn't get
          >; back out of here to check again within 30 seconds)
          >^!Delay 690
          >^!GoTo End

          H="StartTimer"
          ; Timer event will be triggered every 5 minutes (5, not 4 zeros)
          ^!TimerStart 300000
          ; The timer will activate the Clip "my_reminder" at the defined time interval
          ^!TimerPlay my_reminder
          ; Display confirmation message
          ^!Prompt The "my_reminder" 5 minute interval event is now active

          H="_my_reminder"
          ; ^!IfTrue ^%p_myreminder1% End
          ; here is the every 5 minute activation interval
          ^!Prompt Important! This is a 5 minute reminder!
          ; ^!Set %p_myreminder1%=True
          ^!GoTo End
          ; ---end of clip---

          --