Re: [NTB] Re: deleting text

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 13, 2002
      Sheri,

      How would that work using a clip? I guess I should have mentioned I want to
      put it into a clip (Oppps ... I should have sent this to the clip list. I
      subscribe to both.)

      Lee
      wor

    • Sheri <silvermoonwoman@comcast.net>
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 13, 2002
        Hi Lee,

        Copy the following three lines to the clipbook, righ-click
        in your clipbook and select "Add from Clipboard." Right-
        click again and select "Save Now". Add done.

        H="Remove Quoted Names"
        ^!Replace "\"[^"]+\"\s" >> "^%empty" RSIA
        ;end of clip

        If you only want to replace the next occurrence instead of
        all occurrences, remove the "A".

        If you want it to replace from the top of the document
        even if you are somewhere in the middle, add a "W". All
        the ^!Replace command options can be found in the
        Clipcode.chm help file. Welcome to clipping! Check out
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-
        clips/files/ClipcodeSyntax_v4.01.zip for clip writing aid.

      • Lee
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 14, 2002
          Sheri,

          Thanks! It works great! I appreciate your help.

          Lee

          At 12/13/02 10:30 PM +0000, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:
          >Hi Lee,
          >
          >Copy the following three lines to the clipbook, righ-click
          >in your clipbook and select "Add from Clipboard." Right-
          >click again and select "Save Now". Add done.
          >
          >H="Remove Quoted Names"
          >^!Replace "\"[^"]+\"\s" >> "^%empty" RSIA
          >;end of clip
          >
          >If you only want to replace the next occurrence instead of
          >all occurrences, remove the "A".
          >
          >If you want it to replace from the top of the document
          >even if you are somewhere in the middle, add a "W". All
          >the ^!Replace command options can be found in the
          >Clipcode.chm help file. Welcome to clipping! Check out
          ><http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb->http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-
          >clips/files/ClipcodeSyntax_v4.01.zip for clip writing aid.
          >
          >Regards,
          >Sheri

        • dean martineau
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 14, 2002
            I have a couple questions:

            1. Is there a way for the timer to perform an action every five
            minutes? I can't figure out syntax to have it activate whenever the minute
            ends in either 5 or 0.

            2. What is the best way, or what are possible ways, to have a clip close
            an external program. So far, ^!playback alt+f4 hasn't worked.

            Thanks.

            Dean
          • Alan C.
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 14, 2002
              Hi Dean,

              >1. Is there a way for the timer to perform an action every
              >five minutes?

              The next (entire set of clips) is a basic that does so. More bells and whistles could be added. As it currently is, once started, it doesn't stop until you launch the Stop reminding clip (or close--doesn't mean hide--the clipbook combo window OR shutdown/close NoteTab).

              H="StartTimer"
              ; Timer event will be triggered every 30 seconds
              ^!TimerStart 30000
              ; The timer will activate the Clip "my_reminder" at every 30 seconds interval
              ; but the my_reminder clip checks--minute on either 0 or 5 allows action
              ^!TimerPlay my_reminder
              ; Display confirmation message
              ^!Prompt The "my_reminder" 5 minute event is now active

              H="_my_reminder"
              ; 1 of 2 digits stripped, leaves the RH digit
              ^!Set %time%=^$StrCopyRight("^$GetDate(nn)$";1)$
              ^!IfSame "5" "^%time%" myreminder1
              ^!IfSame "0" "^%time%" myreminder1
              ^!GoTo End

              :myreminder1
              ; ^!IfTrue ^%p_myreminder1% End

              ; here is the every 5 minute activation interval
              ^!Prompt Important! The minute is on ^%time%
              ; ^!Set %p_myreminder1%=True

              ; a 1 minute and 9 second delay (so that it doesn't get
              ; back out of here to check again within 30 seconds)
              ^!Delay 690
              ^!GoTo End

              H="Stop reminding"
              ;Stop the Clip timer and display confirmation message
              ^!TimerStop
              ^!Prompt The timer has now been disabled. Double-click on the "StartTimer" Clip to resume.
              ; ---<end of 5 minute interval timer clips<<

              Since the timer is set to check every 30 seconds, I included the line
              ^!Delay 690
              which (for a minute and 9 seconds) keeps the gate closed so to speak then after that minute and 9 seconds it reverts to the every 30 second checking once again. (without that line, instead of once, it can prompt twice whenever the minute is on either 0 or 5)

              (the only thing I'm not certain of: regards whether or not it's good practice to use the ^!Delay command) (the clips potentially could be structured differently so that the ^!Delay is not needed) But it works as it is; I was only thinking of how it might affect if you also want to run other clips while this timer thing is active/running.

              >2. What is the best way, or what are possible ways, to have a
              >clip close an external program.

              Use NTB to get the app focused. Then hopefully it is an app that can be closed using the keyboard and the app's menu. (use NTB to send it the appropriate keystrokes from the keyboard)

              help > help on clip programming > index tab > ^!FocusApp

              and

              help > help on clip programming > index tab > ^!Keyboard

              and

              SampleCode clip library its keyboard examples.

              --
              Alan.
            • Alan C.
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 15, 2002
                I got rid of the ^!Delay command. Works even better. Notice in the updated further below, a new ^!IfSame line followed by a new ^!Set line then the same 5 minute interval. Notice a new :bypass (a label) after the 5 minute interval. And notice that I removed the ^!Delay 690

                >:myreminder1
                >; ^!IfTrue ^%p_myreminder1% End
                >
                >; here is the every 5 minute activation interval
                >^!Prompt Important! The minute is on ^%time%
                >; ^!Set %p_myreminder1%=True
                >
                >; a 1 minute and 9 second delay (so that it doesn't get
                >; back out of here to check again within 30 seconds)
                >^!Delay 690
                >^!GoTo End

                :myreminder1
                ; ^!IfTrue ^%p_myreminder1% End
                ^!IfSame "^%verify%" "^%time%" bypass
                ^!Set %verify%=^%time%
                ; here is the every 5 minute activation interval
                ^!Prompt Important! The minute is on ^%time%
                :bypass
                ; ^!Set %p_myreminder1%=True
                ^!GoTo End
                ; ---end of clip stuff---

                --
                Alan.
              • Sheri <silvermoonwoman@comcast.net>
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 15, 2002
                  Hi Lee,

                  I'm glad that worked ok, glad to help.

                  I just noticed that I made an error in the replace clause by leaving
                  a percent off the end of ^%empty%. Although it seems to be working
                  without a closing percent this time, it doesn't always work out that
                  way. You should fix it in your saved version. Either of the
                  following would be fine.

                  ^!Replace "\"[^"]+\"\s" >> "^%empty%" RSIA

                  or

                  ^!Replace "\"[^"]+\"\s" >> "" RSIA

                • Alan C.
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 15, 2002
                    Timer itself now (changed) set at 5 minutes interval. Therefore, no need for checking/testing in the my_reminder clip. So, removed any code for conditional testing from the my_reminder clip. (Easier way) to just have a repeated 5 minute interval action/reminder.

                    >H="StartTimer"
                    >; Timer event will be triggered every 30 seconds
                    >^!TimerStart 30000
                    ><snipped but do note the 4 zeros above>
                    >H="_my_reminder"
                    >; 1 of 2 digits stripped, leaves the RH digit
                    >^!Set %time%=^$StrCopyRight("^$GetDate(nn)$";1)$
                    >^!IfSame "5" "^%time%" myreminder1
                    >^!IfSame "0" "^%time%" myreminder1
                    >^!GoTo End
                    >
                    >:myreminder1
                    >; ^!IfTrue ^%p_myreminder1% End
                    >
                    >; here is the every 5 minute activation interval
                    >^!Prompt Important! The minute is on ^%time%
                    >; ^!Set %p_myreminder1%=True
                    >
                    >; a 1 minute and 9 second delay (so that it doesn't get
                    >; back out of here to check again within 30 seconds)
                    >^!Delay 690
                    >^!GoTo End

                    H="StartTimer"
                    ; Timer event will be triggered every 5 minutes (5, not 4 zeros)
                    ^!TimerStart 300000
                    ; The timer will activate the Clip "my_reminder" at the defined time interval
                    ^!TimerPlay my_reminder
                    ; Display confirmation message
                    ^!Prompt The "my_reminder" 5 minute interval event is now active

                    H="_my_reminder"
                    ; ^!IfTrue ^%p_myreminder1% End
                    ; here is the every 5 minute activation interval
                    ^!Prompt Important! This is a 5 minute reminder!
                    ; ^!Set %p_myreminder1%=True
                    ^!GoTo End
                    ; ---end of clip---

                    --