Re: [Clip] Batch compressor

  • Ian Rastall
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2002
      Just to make this interesting, I've run into a further problem.

      I work with eBooks, and each chapter can be a few thousand lines long.
      When I try to compress one of these, I get the error that the
      paragraph is too long, and I end up with nothing, and have to replace
      the file from the mirror (which thankfully I have).

      It would be very helpful just to compress everything above the text,
      which usually is around 200 lines long. The length is variable, but it
      always ends in

      Now I'm *really* out of my territory. I assume the clip could search
      for that string, and highlight everything up to it, but I wouldn't
      know how to do that.

      I'm in the process of revising the clip with the new code. If someone
      were able to figure this new problem out, that would be great.

      Ian
      --

      http://www.aspipes.org/
      http://www.bookstacks.org/
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2002
        Hi Ian,

        >It would be very helpful just to compress everything above the text,
        >which usually is around 200 lines long. The length is variable, but it
        >always ends in

        ^!SetScreenUpdate OFF
        :Loop
        ^!Open "^%Files^%I%%"
        ^!Jump DOC_START
        ^!Find "<div class="text">" IST
        ^!Jump SELECT_END
        ^!Set %SelEnd%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
        ^!Jump DOC_START
        ^!SelectTo ^%SelEnd%
        ; after 1st trial run, precede the next line with a semi colon
        ^!Goto end
        ; will then also need precede the next line with a semi colon
        ^!Menu Edit/Select All
        ^!Menu Modify/Lines/Compress
        ; also in help checkout ^!Jump SELECT_START
        ; Later, Alan