[Clip] Re: [NTB] Selective clip fields...

  • RS
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 1999
      Hi Kent,

      At 07:48 PM 08/02/99 -0700, you wrote:

      >My problem is this: if I leave the Company field blank, I want the
      >entire "Company:" line left out and the remaining lines moved up to
      >take its place.

      You're asking dangerous questions in dangerous territory! We are banned
      from answering anything about Clips on the "basic" list.

      Here is a Clip that will do what you want:

      ;======== Start ========
      H="Fax"
      ; 08/03/99 7:46:34 AM
      ; This Clip was edited with ClipWriter 1.0
      ; http://home.att.net/~ptools/ClipWriter/cw.htm

      ^!Set x=^?{To=}
      ^!Set x2=^?{Company=None}
      ^!Set x3=^?{Fax=}

      ^!InsertText To: ^%x%^p
      ^!If ^%x2% = None Next1
      ^!InsertText Company: ^%x2%^p
      :Next1
      ^!InsertText Fax: ^%x3%^p

      ;========= End =========

      Regards,

      RS

      It's here!

      ClipWriter 1.0

      http://home.att.net/~ptools/ClipWriter/cw.htm

      http://home.att.net/~ptools/main/index.htm

    • Raymond Fitzgerald
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 1999
        Hi Kent,

        >My problem is this: if I leave the Company field blank, I want the
        >entire "Company:" line left out and the remaining lines moved up to
        >take its place.

        Here's another version of your clip, remarkably like Jody's except for some
        minor changes, including making the company input field last:

        H="Fax form"
        To: ^?[(1)To]^%nl%
        ^!Set %Company%=^?[Company (or leave blank)]
        ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%Company%)$ Skip
        Company: ^%Company%
        Fax: ^?[(2)Fax]^%nl%^%nl%
        ^!FocusDoc