[Clip] Re: [NTB] Selective clip fields...

  • RS
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 1999
      Hi Kent,

      At 07:48 PM 08/02/99 -0700, you wrote:

      >My problem is this: if I leave the Company field blank, I want the
      >entire "Company:" line left out and the remaining lines moved up to
      >take its place.

      You're asking dangerous questions in dangerous territory! We are banned
      from answering anything about Clips on the "basic" list.

      Here is a Clip that will do what you want:

      ;======== Start ========
      H="Fax"
      ; 08/03/99 7:46:34 AM
      ; This Clip was edited with ClipWriter 1.0
      ; http://home.att.net/~ptools/ClipWriter/cw.htm

      ^!Set x=^?{To=}
      ^!Set x2=^?{Company=None}
      ^!Set x3=^?{Fax=}

      ^!InsertText To: ^%x%^p
      ^!If ^%x2% = None Next1
      ^!InsertText Company: ^%x2%^p
      :Next1
      ^!InsertText Fax: ^%x3%^p

      ;========= End =========

      Regards,

      RS

      It's here!

      http://home.att.net/~ptools/main/index.htm

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 1999
        Hi Kent,

        > ^?[Company=_None^=|"Any Text"^=Company: "Any Text"] (where "Any
        > Text" is the text typed by the user.)
        >
        > It seems like there could be a variable, which would be
        > anything typed in the dialog box field.

        I think this is what you want. If you want to add a company name
        just click in the Skip field and type it in.

        ^!Set %Company%=^?[(2)Add company name=_Skip^=1|]
        To: ^?[(1)To]^%nl%
        ^!IfTrue ^%Company% Skip
        Company: ^%Company%
        Fax: ^?[Fax number]

        > By the way, what is the best resource for learning about clip
        > language? Are there any tutorials or comprehensive guides
        > available?

        See Help. :) Granny might take a money order or personal check,
        but you will have to write her about her Intro to Clip
        Programming. mailto:notetab@...

        Please post clip questions to the Clips list. Ist da rechtig Ni'? :)

        Bye for now,
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
        http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      • Raymond Fitzgerald
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 1999
          Hi Kent,

          >My problem is this: if I leave the Company field blank, I want the
          >entire "Company:" line left out and the remaining lines moved up to
          >take its place.

          Here's another version of your clip, remarkably like Jody's except for some
          minor changes, including making the company input field last:

          H="Fax form"
          To: ^?[(1)To]^%nl%
          ^!Set %Company%=^?[Company (or leave blank)]
          ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^%Company%)$ Skip
          Company: ^%Company%
          Fax: ^?[(2)Fax]^%nl%^%nl%
          ^!FocusDoc