Re: [Clip] Re: Help with Note Tab

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2002
      I think you may have a problem, possibly with the autoreplace of notepad
      with notetab if you use that feature. I am using 2000 and cannot get it to
      work right. I finally gave up and added it as an html editor so I can get
      the source from my browser to notetab, where I used to use the view source
      feature ... which tries to find notetab, cannot, and then goes to notepad.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2002
        Don, Kevin, (Hugo):

        Don: > I think you may have a problem, possibly with the autoreplace of
        > notepad with notetab if you use that feature. I am using 2000 and
        > cannot get it to work right. I finally gave up and added it as an
        > html editor so I can get the source from my browser to notetab, where
        > I used to use the view source feature ... which tries to find
        > notetab, cannot, and then goes to notepad.

        JimHall wrote an excellent description of what's neccessary to replace
        msNotepad by NoteTab.
        Get his file here: http://jimbow.com/all_about_replacing_notepad.zip
        Also its probably worth going to the [Notetab] archive and rereading
        this:

        I did this a couple of days ago after putting it off for a couple of
        weeks. The key step is renaming the copy of Notepad that's kept in:
        C:\WINNT\system32\dllcache\
        I renamed notepad.exe to notepad.exe.ms_orig
        If you don't do this, every time you do the replacement from Notetab's
        Help-menu, Win2K immediately and perversley undoes it. If you DO do the
        rename first, after a short time you get a pop-up to the effect of "are
        you really, really sure?" Answer yes to that and the rest is easy ;-)

        Regards ... Alec
        --

        Don Passenger wrote (Wed, 06-Nov-2002 18:01 [GMT-0500]):

> [...]
      • Kevin Witherite
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2003
          Thanks Elizabeth that appears to be exactly what I was looking for, I'll try
          it a little later. The examples are a huge help. Thanks again for your
          input.

          Kevin