Re: [Clip] help file

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2002
      Hi Dan,

      >The date on my .chm help file is Feb/02. So where can I get the
      >latest help file? Shouldn't it have been installed when I
      >updated to 4.91?

      Yes, it should have been installed with v4.91. Make sure you are
      running the copy of NoteTab that you think you are. ;) Right
      click over your shortcut and choose Properties. Check the path
      out with your installation. (You can also search for NotePro.exe
      and/or NoteTab.exe on all your drives.) Check your NoteTab Help
      | About box as well. You can also reinstall over your "current"
      version for the fun of it.

      >> Check the file date on your Clipcode.chm file. It should be
      >> 8/26/02. Same date should be on the program itself, and other
      >> files. If this is not the version in your program directory,
      >> that might explain it. If you double-click that file, you will
      >> see the topic page called Menu and Toolbars and the index entry
      >> for ^!Menu.

      http://www.notetab.net

    • Dan McCullough
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
        Jody,

        I thought I had the latest version installed but when I check the date it is
        8/9/02. I have 4.91 but I think it is the first beta. Got caught sleeping,
        must have been too busy to install the latest at the time. I am doing it
        now.

        Thanks,

        http://www.notetab.net

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
          Hi Dan,

          No worries! Alec and Julie got me good on the Next Release List
          when I asked about F9. ;) Oh, for general knowledge, sometimes
          people have problems with help files because they use the feature
          in Advanced to use a location for the support files. Depending on
          installation and uninstallation it can cause problems if NoteTab
          is looking somewhere that does not have the files.

          >I thought I had the latest version installed but when I check the
          >date it is 8/9/02. I have 4.91 but I think it is the first beta.
          >Got caught sleeping, must have been too busy to install the
          >latest at the time. I am doing it now.
          >
          >> The date on my .chm help file is Feb/02. So where can I get
          >> the latest help file? Shouldn't it have been installed when I
          >> updated to 4.91?
          >
          >Yes, it should have been installed with v4.91. Make sure you are
          >running the copy of NoteTab that you think you are. ;) Right
          >click over your shortcut and choose Properties. Check the path
          >out with your installation. (You can also search for NotePro.exe
          >and/or NoteTab.exe on all your drives.) Check your NoteTab Help
          >| About box as well. You can also reinstall over your "current"
          >version for the fun of it.
          >
          >>> Check the file date on your Clipcode.chm file. It should be
          >>> 8/26/02. Same date should be on the program itself, and other
          >>> files. If this is not the version in your program directory,
          >>> that might explain it. If you double-click that file, you will
          >>> see the topic page called Menu and Toolbars and the index entry
          >>> for ^!Menu.

          Happy Test'n,
          Jody Adair

          UnSubscribe, Options