Re: [NRN] Problem with Options:PerlExe in ini file

  • Jason Waugh
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2002
      Hi Sheri,

      S> It would be nice if the special purpose function could actually
      S> locate Perl.exe when its on the path, without requiring the user to
      S> browse to it. However, since this is usually only a one time setup
      S> maybe it doesn't warrant the effort.

      I wasn't aware that ^!GetPerlexe^ prompted for input, I thought it
      just returned a blank value if there was no Perl.

      I suppose your only choice then is to read the .INI file - copy the
      contents of it to a variable, then test that variable with a regexp to
      determine if there is something other than a "\n" next to the
      "PerlExe=" ("PerlExe=\n" will be true if no perl, "PerlExe=.+\n" will
      be true if there is a perl.)

      Jason Waugh